stefstef Registered User
edited February 2008 in DL.3/DL.2
Hello every one

I have a trouble on a DL2
I need to check it with my operator by phone
The iris is closed but the DMX is OK
I think all dimmer is open Motion global Layer
But I am not sure of it
Is there other trouble could make the iris closed?

Other info, the LED Amber for drive isn't blinkink

Thank's
Stef

Comments

• Zach PeletzZach Peletz Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Try Self Test on the Iris to see if it is working mechanically. You can also view the incoming DMX values on the DL2's menu to see if you are in fact recieving 255 to open the Iris.
  • stefstef Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Thread

If the server doesn't work, the iris could stay closed ?

Thank's

Stef
    edited February 2008
    It depends on what the issue might be. When first turning on the DL2 the iris will not open until the computer has finished its boot process. Again, there are different circumstances in which the server might not work or the iris not open.

Have you tried the Iris Self Test?

With Motion, Global, and Graphics set to full and content selected can you see if the projector is actually projecting with the iris blocking it?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Additionally, if you hold down two buttons on the front of the unit you will force the IRIS to open.....

- if you look at the display, to one side the will be six buttons in a row down
    - pressing and holding the second from the top and second from the bottom will force open the IRIS
    - and then additionally the arrow naviagtion keys will allow you to adjust the projectors' FOCUS and ZOOM manually.

This will at least tell you if the IRIS is working.

The other shortcuts here, if you are interested, is:

-cycle power to just the internal server (indicated by blue LED) by holding the top and bottom buttons down....this will not douse the projectors' lamp if on.

- recal Pan/Tilt by holding down the center two buttons.

Hope this helps:)
    edited February 2008
    Forcing the iris to open will not work once the computer has booted. This is only available during the boot process.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Yes of course....I guess I should have mentioned that:)