Software Upgrade Problem?

spainpatspainpat Registered User
So I was trying to upgrade my hog 3 to the newest software...and I am having a problem...it seemed to be installing fine but then it came up with an error saying there was a problem with some or part of the upgrade and when I restarted it...it now just goes to a screen with an X in the middle and nothing seems to work...any ideas? Also as a note I am trying to now do a console full install and when I start up the console and hold down pig it goes to the right menu but when I try and do a full install it says this will erease all shows and I say I still want to continue but it just goes back to the last menu and doesnt install or do anything?

thanks

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2008
    I would try downloading the .iso file again and burn it to another disc to make sure there was no corruption during the download or the burn.

Also be sure you are properly creating a disc image when making the CD.

See this link for details:

http://www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/burning/

Hope this helps:)
  • spainpatspainpat Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Yea I was just looking at that...I may have to try and download a different burner...are you supposed to just burn the zip file? Its a bit confusing?
    edited February 2008
    If you have a ".zip" file then all you have is the upgrade software....you need to download the larger .iso file to do a clean install.

A ".iso" is a disc image that needs to be burned in a specific manner to a CD in order for it to work properly....simply copying it to a CD will not work as with a regular file.
    edited February 2008
    yep I burned the disc wrong but I got it to work now...thanks for the help...
    edited February 2008
    Sweet! Glad you are off and running:hogsign:
    edited February 2008
    yea thanks man...I love it...well now I have the hog 3...now I just need a dp 2000 to do anything...