Studio Color 575 connectors

I just had mid-show meltdown. I know it is from a xlr connector that needs some TLC. I don't want to replace the wole connector board. I just want to replace the xlr connector on the board. I was wondering what model number and manufacturer for the connector.

AM
  • What you want and what needs to be done are two different things. Not only is in a proprietary board but it also locks into the side of the fixture.
    There's a small hole in the middle of the male and female, this is where the latch is that holds it in and completes the ground to the frame. Most HES fixtures have this, and it drives new guys nuts till they learn to turn the latch. Don't secure the latch and you will have data problems galore sometimes.

80010062 Board, Link Comm @ over $400 is nutzoidal for a bad XLR.:eek: :eek: :eek::17:

Whats bad the male or female? I might be able to pull one from my pile of never ending spare parts. Give me all the info you can see on the connector and a photo might help also.
  • [quote=Puffyfish]What you want and what needs to be done are two different things. Not only is in a proprietary board but it also locks into the side of the fixture.
    There's a small hole in the middle of the male and female, this is where the latch is that holds it in and completes the ground to the frame. Most HES fixtures have this, and it drives new guys nuts till they learn to turn the latch. Don't secure the latch and you will have data problems galore sometimes.

80010062 Board, Link Comm @ over $400 is nutzoidal for a bad XLR.:eek: :eek: :eek::17:

Whats bad the male or female? I might be able to pull one from my pile of never ending spare parts. Give me all the info you can see on the connector and a photo might help also.
    I seriously doubt that High End used a proprietary XLR for thier gear - the volume vs. cost just wouldn't make any sense. The trick is to find out who they sourced these from . . . . perhaps someone with a couple laying about could check for a logo, that may give us a hint. I'm too lazy to go pull a fixture out of its case just for this . . . .

- Tim
  • Your local Neutrik dealer should be able to get these for you.
    www.neutrik.com/fl/en/audio/210_301061/NC3FD-H-B_detail.aspx
    www.neutrik.com/fl/en/audio/210_67291/NC3MD-H-B_detail.aspx
    These should be the correct parts.
    Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • [quote=Woodj32177]Your local Neutrik dealer should be able to get these for you.
    www.neutrik.com/fl/en/audio/210_301061/NC3FD-H-B_detail.aspx
    www.neutrik.com/fl/en/audio/210_67291/NC3MD-H-B_detail.aspx
    These should be the correct parts.
    Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
    Thanks! Mine are three pin, but I noted that the boards are drilled for 5 pin as well, and while not a huge priority, I would love the change them over, and this is the last missing tidbit!!!

Edit: Well, maybe not . . . Neutrik does not list the "D" series in a 5 pin, and I can't tell if the DL is 2 part or not . . . maybe not quite so easy. Can anyone with a SC with 5 pin connectors confirm that this is still the same style connector?

- Tim

- Tim
  • I don't believe DL is a 2 part.
    I was told that neutrik doesn't make a D 5pin connector, hence why Studio 575's never had that as a option.
    Or perhaps they just didn't want to change mid stream.
    That being said, I would hate to rent a studio color and have it show up with a 5 pin connector on it. as I would expect it to have a 3 pin.
    But perhaps I am just fussy.

Joshua Wood
  • [quote=Woodj32177]I don't believe DL is a 2 part.
    I was told that neutrik doesn't make a D 5pin connector, hence why Studio 575's never had that as a option.
    Or perhaps they just didn't want to change mid stream.
    That being said, I would hate to rent a studio color and have it show up with a 5 pin connector on it. as I would expect it to have a 3 pin.
    But perhaps I am just fussy.

Joshua Wood
    I wasn't sure . . . I just noticed that the interface cards are drilled to take either 3 or 5 pin, so I guess (since mine are the early Studio Colors, and not the 575's) . . . that they deciced to go to 5 pin later on . . . apparently not. Oh well, I guess I get to keep all those oddball and *** cables and adapters in the cable box after all . . . **sigh** . . . .

In any case, the connector info should be of value to the originator of this thread, so thanks again!

- Tim
  • [quote=tadawson]I seriously doubt that High End used a proprietary XLR for thier gear - the volume vs. cost just wouldn't make any sense. The trick is to find out who they sourced these from . . . . perhaps someone with a couple laying about could check for a logo, that may give us a hint. I'm too lazy to go pull a fixture out of its case just for this . . . .

- Tim

I said a board. Yes it's made by them for them only. It's done everyday by every major maker. :poke: Every board in every HES light is designed by and made just for them per item. It unsures quality control over the product.:D
  • [quote=Puffyfish]I said a board. Yes it's made by them for them only. It's done everyday by every major maker. :poke: Every board in every HES light is designed by and made just for them per item. It unsures quality control over the product.:D
    No problem there, but the guy wasn't asking about a board, he was asking about a connector . . . so it was kinda hard to tell what you were referring to, since you really didn't address his question . . . and replacing a board for nothing more than a bad connector is just nutty . . . just because the boards are proprietary, does *not* mean the components are, and some of us work down to the component level . . . .

- Tim
  • We did adapt some studio spots over to 5 pin. It can be done but it takes some patience with a dremel tool to modify the fixture housing a little.
Related