Update Probs

Hi

I'm working with catalyst at the moment and I think I have a update problem.
I'm doing alot of fine positioning of layers on projection surfaces using x,y and also alot of shuttering, plus everthing is in pallets.
What I am finding is that I might do a slight fine adjustment which is visible live then when I hit Update I'm not getting the option to update the pallet.
This is the first time of using the latest sw update, but I have never seen this problem with older versions and I work with media servers all the time.

Anybody seen the same problem.
Or am I missing something.

Cheers

Spooky
  • From your description it sounds like you have hard values recorded into your cue rather than a palette reference.

For starters, make the adjustment you need, then MERGE into your palette. Press BLIND...if it doesn't hold, then your cue isn't built from the palette.

Press BLIND again and MERGE into your cue.

What console are you using? What software version? What version and level of Catalyst?

Hope this helps:)
  • Hi
    Thanks for the reply
    I'm using Hog3 Console, v2.3.1, catalyst 4.10m165

This the 3rd time we have done the show so as you can guess everything is in pallets. 1 thing I have noticed is that sometimes the readout above the encoders doesn't change as I fine adjust x,y or shuttering but there is certainly a movement live. As I said before these are very fine adjustments with layer position and masking etc. I'm just wondering if this is a fixture issue?

Spooky
  • Hey Spooky,

Two things that come to mind intially...

1 - Are you using the Catalyst v4 or the v3 profile from the console? I seem to remember some old issue with full resolution not being implemented on older software versions and may still be an issue in the older v3 profile. I am not sure of this though.

2 - Open up your DMX window and change the view to look at wherever your Catalyst is patched to...you should see the values change as you turn the encoder

If you build a new palette does the information hold?

Also just to rule it out....you are recording a BEAM palette correct? Otherwise make sure you "USE B" (and whatever else you have selected) from the masking toolbar on the bottom right hand screen when recording/merging into another type of palette directory.
Related