Release Time

Hi,
Is it possible to release each parameter at different time in the same cuelist?
For exemple:
I need to release a cuelist in 2s for Intensity,
5s with a delay of 3s for Positions,
0s with delay of 5s for Beam
I'd try with the "fade out" but obviously is not the good way to do this...

In fact, I need to do this:
i've a cue on my 1st fader who put all the lights down with intensity@0, this cue is "actived" with the go button.
On my 2nd fader I've a cue who put all the lights up with intensity @ full (with different fade and delay between intensity and position), this cue is "actived" with the flash button and release on off.
My problem is when the 2nd cue is released all the lights go down in 2s but the intensity goes to 0 with the same fade out and it's not very good to see all the lights move tike this.

A last question, is it possible to put a macro on release?

finaly, is it possible to have more choices on release because we can just change fade time of all parameters and I think it will be great to have different fade out and macro on release...
Do you understand with my very good english?:footinmouth:

Thanx very much

Gaël
  • [quote=digne]Is it possible to release each parameter at different time in the same cuelist?
    For exemple:
    I need to release a cuelist in 2s for Intensity,
    5s with a delay of 3s for Positions,
    0s with delay of 5s for Beam
    I'd try with the "fade out" but obviously is not the good way to do this...

Presently there is no way to set different release times, but I know this has been discussed as an enhancement before.

[quote=digne]In fact, I need to do this:
    i've a cue on my 1st fader who put all the lights down with intensity@0, this cue is "actived" with the go button.
    On my 2nd fader I've a cue who put all the lights up with intensity @ full (with different fade and delay between intensity and position), this cue is "actived" with the flash button and release on off.
    My problem is when the 2nd cue is released all the lights go down in 2s but the intensity goes to 0 with the same fade out and it's not very good to see all the lights move tike this.

In this case what I would do is to build another cue on your second fader that takes all the lights to zero in whatever time you need them to go out in, then build a third cue that is "empty" and set it to "Follow" and execute a comment macro to release itself (ie - RM:2).

This way your lights fade out, and then release themselves without seeing strange things happen.

[quote=digne]A last question, is it possible to put a macro on release?

not presently, but this is not a bad idea....you can select "reset on release" from cuelist options.

Hope this helps :)
  • In this case what I would do is to build another cue on your second fader that takes all the lights to zero in whatever time you need them to go out in, then build a third cue that is "empty" and set it to "Follow" and execute a comment macro to release itself (ie - RM:2).

I use already this solution but it's impossible to use the flash button with this method and it's important for me to use the flash button with "go on flash" and "release on off" function.
    I hope different release time will be implement soon.... and why not, macro on release...

thanx for your answer marty

• Here is the old discussion on adding in seperate release timings:

forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=3100
Related