Autofocus problems

srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
I have problems with Wyg R21 + Hog3PC (latest) when using autofocus.
When I try to focus lights in Wyg they go opposite direction. I've seen this happen also a couple a years ago (I reported about it that time). Any idea what causes this problem?

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Sami,

Have you confirmed that you do not have fixtures set with pan invert or something odd? Are you viewing your rig from the right way around? Can you send us the WYG and Wholehog files at http://upload.highend.com please?

We will take a look and see if we can replicate the problem.

thanks,
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2008
    Yes, I have used pan invert... I have rotated the fixtures in Wyg and used pan/tilt invert in Hog. But that's the way they will be oriented in real world. I will send you the files, when I get back to work.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Sami,

Have you changed any Fixture Offset values under Edit Fixtures on your H3PC?

There is a long standing issue where WYG will not handle this properly with Autofocus.
    edited February 2008
    Marty,

No, I haven't. I have only changed the pan value in Wyg to rotate the fixtures the way they are in the rig. Also I have used pan and tilt invert in Hog to make the pan&tilt work similar way across fixture types. So, pretty normal things.
    When I use the Wyg's focus, fixtures goes opposite direction. I'm not sure if this is a Hog problem at all. I had the same problem about two years ago and no solution was found.
    Fixtures work the correct way when I use them from HogPC, at least they go to direction I dial from the wheels. But, like I said, when I use the Wyg's focus they go opposite direction in Wyg. Very strange...
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2008
    srautane wrote:
    I have only changed the pan value in Wyg to rotate the fixtures the way they are in the rig. Also I have used pan and tilt invert in Hog to make the pan&tilt work similar way across fixture types. So, pretty normal things.
    When I use the Wyg's focus, fixtures goes opposite direction. I'm not sure if this is a Hog problem at all. I had the same problem about two years ago and no solution was found.
    Fixtures work the correct way when I use them from HogPC, at least they go to direction I dial from the wheels. But, like I said, when I use the Wyg's focus they go opposite direction in Wyg. Very strange...

I believe this is a WYG problem...I have seen this many times....I believe it is the P/T invert that throws off the WYG Autofocus.

If you hang your fixtures "normally" and don't invert anything then you can use the Autofocus....otherwise you will have to focus everything "manually".:mad:

I have sent several e-mails over the years to CAST, but they all seem to have been ignored as I never got a response from them. For $1000 USD a year to keep a "subscription" you would think they would be more responsive.:angryfire:
    edited February 2008
    I have sent several e-mails over the years to CAST, but they all seem to have been ignored as I never got a response from them. For $1000 USD a year to keep a "subscription" you would think they would be more responsive.:angryfire:

I know the feeling... been using the Wyg since R1. At some point I stopped sending any mails and suggestions, cause things were getting nowhere... Wyg has lots of features, but almost all of them are incomplete.:sad:
    edited February 2008
    Brad,

I uploaded the file, though I think the problem is caused by the Wysiwyg. Only fixture that works correctly is VL1000 AS. VL2500 and VL500 cannot be selected from Wyg and Mac300 focuses opposite direction.
    edited February 2008
    Thanks Sami,

I have received the file and we will take a look. I suspect as you do that the problem is probably on WYG.
    edited February 2008
    edited February 2008
    Anything new about this?
    edited February 2008
    Sami,

We have not seen the problem as of yet... but we are still looking at this... have you contacted Cast by chance?
    edited February 2008
    Yep, the answer was...

The CAST Software office is closed for the Family Day Holidays. We will return on Tuesday, February 19, and will reply to your email no later than Wednesday, February 20.

Did you notice the same problems as I. VL2500 and VL500 are not shown in programmer when selected from Wyg and when using focus with Mac300 they go opposite direction?
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited February 2008
    I had opportunity to test autofocus with an other desk (not hog one) and i have the same trouble, it seems that it seems that there is a bug in Wysiwyg with autofocus and invert pan and tilt.