How do you make a new library the default when the console starts up?

Electric-MayhemElectric-Mayhem Registered User
I know how to merge the library files, but I am wondering how to make the most up to date library file the one that the console offers when I start a new show. I can choose it off a USB drive, but I want it to just be on the console without having to think about finding it (I'm not the only person who uses our IPC's and I really don't want to have to explain it to every new customer that may rent these). Is there a way to do this. I would have thought it would have been updated with the newest software revision, but the library file didn't. Thanks a bunch for any help.

Josh H
Richter Scale Productions
Denver, CO

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Josh,

When you start a new show, it will point you to the library folder that contains the latest libraries at the time of the release of the loaded software. I am confused by your comments that "it would have been updated with the newest software revision, but the library file didn't". Please clarify.

The current library version is: 4.1.11 There was no update with the v2.3.1 patch as this was a minor software patch from v2.3.0

thanks,
  • Electric-MayhemElectric-Mayhem Registered User
    edited January 2008
    When I updated to 2.3, it didn't update the Library file to the most current one. It brings up V4.0.2 and I want it to be 4.1.11 or whatever. I am wondering how I do this. As of now I have to bring a USB drive with me with the most current Library file on it to use. I want to have the most current V4 library file on the console as the default. The newer library file has fixtures we use regularly, so I don't want to have to worry about bring the USB drive with me or making sure co-workers also have their own.

JH

p.s. when I updated, I went directly from Hog3 2.2.1 to 2.3.1.
    edited January 2008
    Josh,

No matter what version you came from, it should have added library version 4.1.11 to your library folder when starting new shows (existing shows are built on whatever library they start from). What console type are you using and did you do a full install or an upgrade? You might try a full install as this should not be the case.
    edited January 2008
    Brad,

We have Hog IPC's and I used the system restore ISO (burned onto a disc obviously) that is currently on the download page and did a partial restore using that. The only thing I can think of is that I only did a partial restore (the option to not get rid of show files)and that it might not have updated the library because of that. Do you have to do a complete re-install for the library file to update?

JH
    edited January 2008
    Josh,

The partial or full install should have updated your library. Please try just updating the Hog 3PC application. We will investigate this a bit further at our end too...
    edited January 2008
    Will do......I'll see what I come up with

JH
    edited January 2008
    Josh,

A partial restore does not currently update the library file... this is why you saw the problem. If you update the Hog 3PC app then the new lib should be there.

sorry for the confusion...
    edited January 2008
    Ok.......I'll definitely be updating the software today then. Thanks for you help.

JH

Update: Installing using the Hog3pc 2.3.1 install software did the job and it works as it should. Thanks again for all your help. -jh