Timecode & SMTP questions

Timecode & SMTP questions

I am working on a show wich has some complex issues and programming so I need to work with timecode. Normally I use the midi-input on the Hog3, but for this show the midi-source is too far away from the FOH so I have to go with SMPT.
I was looking for the MIDI/Timecode Processor on the High-End site and noticed it's not there anymore. Is this product discontinued? I was looking for the specs to see what is better for me to use: The MTC-Processor or the USB LTC widget? Is there someone who has the specs for me?

If you have used one or both of these, what are the pro's and con's of them?

So, I get SMTP in the desk from one of the two devices, set the port to LTC and my show will start running. Now can I output this timecode over the MIDI-Output of the desk? I will be running a Hippotizer HD on timecode as well, and when I go through the desk, I'm sure the hippotizer always has the same timecode as my desk.

There will be 2 Hog3's in a network, does the secondary desk automatically have timecode as well or does it need a separate input?

Just one more question: When I simulate Timecode without any input from MIDI or SMTP can it output timecode via the MIDI-output? So basicly the Hog is a timecode-generator.

Gr.
Pim
Related