Dp2000 crash

last night for the first time ever with a hog 3 i had our DP2000 stop, then reset. it did it over and over showing the initial boot up screen and then going to Idle and finally running then rebooting over and over and then eventually coming good, then back into the cycle of rebooting over and over again.

I pulled the DMX out (thankfully the dimmers and moving lights held their values) pulled out power to the DP and it did the same thing again.

i then thought it was the console so logged of and restarted.

it was doing the same thing again but occasionally would go to the "running" staus and i had control.

after it did it again i slammed the DP on my knee in frustration, powered it up again and it came good. it lasted for a bit longer. It did it again and then behaved for the rest of the night.

This is the fisrt time in many years this has happened to me. did i mention it was during a show?

i was running 2.3.0 (1928).

Another wierd thing that occurred was that the console suddenly 'clicked' (like the sound it makes when it is safe to switch off) and turn the screens off. I wasn't even touching it! The LED's were still on the console but the faders and buttons did not responed. I had to shut down and then it came good. This happended last night (running 2.3.0) and again tonight running v2.3.1 (1932). Last night i had the DP that wierded out and tonight i had different DP2000.

And yet another wierd thing happened when i upgraded from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 with the software upgrade to the DP2000...
The first time i did it with DP2000 No.1 plugged in the console detected their was a device running that did not have the current software and prompted me to upgrade it. I tried to upgrade the sceond DP (swapped the upgradded DP with the not Upgraded) and when i tried to search for stuff not updated it would not detect the DP with the older software. i restarted the conole with the DP powered up, no good. i restarted the DP with the console on and tried to search for un upgraded stuff again and stillno good.

Eventually i tried a hard reset on the DP and then the console found it.

sorry about the long winded post but it has left me dumfounded as this has not happend to me and we have had a hog 3 for many years.

any suggestion/input would be appreciated.

cheers
matt
Related