curved cyclo and collage

Hi

I would like to make a collage 5X2 on a curved surface

What is the best to do it ?
Used Corner from FX or Used 3D object ?

Thank's Stef
  • The best thing to do is to go with the FX on the Global layer.

Doing it with 3d-Objs will be tricky, and will make it more difficult to adjust if you need to...using one of the curved surface FX will allow you to simply spin an encoder or two to make an adjustment.

I always do my "Collage" on FX2 to take advantage of being able to see the true DMX value and then the curve I need on FX1.

This will eat up both your FX on Global, but will still leave you with your FX and visual modes on the Graphic layers.
  • Additionally I would make sure to use the "Enhanced Collage" FX as opposed to the older "Collage" FX, as the Enhanced one gives higher resolution, especially with 10 DL.2s.

If you are using H3 as your conole when you select an FX slot from the Global pick the one that says "enhanced..." from the bottom row about 2/3 of the way across the screen.

Hope this helps:)
  • Hi MArty

I don't really understand what you said about HOG3 and collage for 10 DL2:1zhelp:
  • No problem....let me explain a bit more then:)

When you use "collage" there are two FX choices you can use. One is DMX value 134 which is the older standard one or you can use DMX value 141 which is enhanced and gives a better "sampling" resolution when breaking up a piece of content for use in collage.

So when you select your GLOBAL fixture and press the "effects 2" slot from the bottom of the right hand screen, you then get a whole bunch of options (84 to be exact) as to which FX you want to apply.

By selecting the option from the bottom row three "slots" to the right of "Contol Mode" that says "enhanced.." will put you into the enhanced collage mode. This will also be reflected on your Effect 2 Mode encoder, and will give you the full "enhanced collage" title.

The older "Collage" option will appear at the bottom left corner of these 84 FX options.

Next adjust your modifier channels (Effects 2- Mods 1>3) to set up your grid...for a 5x2 collage you will need to set ALL FX2-Mod 3 to be 255 to see what collage grid you are setting. Then set ALL FX2-Mod 1 to be 10 for a "52" grid. Then select your GLOBAL fixtures individually and set the FX2- Mod 2 to be 0 for the upper left corner, 1 for the next one right, and 2>9 for the others....more info on this in the manual.

Make sense?:)