Road Hog Full Boar Wings Revealed!

bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
Check out this photo that shows a Road Hog Full Boar console with the upcoming Road Hog playback wings flanking either side. This system provides 4 touchscreens, 30 faders and 30 flash keys! A real joy to program and operate! We also have a programmer wing for Hog 3PC use (not shown).

FBwithWingsHES_m.jpg

Watch www.highend.com for further details...:hogsign:

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2008
    Brad...those are SEXY.

Now...do they work with the 3????? (Already answered on the Light Network)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Per your reply on Lightnetwork, yes. So, from the description you gave, they are just acting as the secondary monitors and the USB is the control.

Great product...being able to use it for any type of external monitor is a great feature (WYG, ESP Vision...whatever) or being able to use it with the console.

Once again Brad...you guys continue to surprise.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Great job!
    Are this playbacks compatible with Wolehog 3, and will we have a hog 3 version with with mobile screens?
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2008
    They work on any of the consoles...for the most part.

They will all function as playback wings.
    The monitor uses a VGA connector, so it can be used as a console output, external computer out (Wyg, Vision) or whatever. For iPC, you'll need a DVI to VGA convertor.

Hope that helps....I'm sure more info will come out soon. I'm also curious to see the programming version.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Thanks!
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Very nice :love: :love: :love:

This begs the question....Are you going to re-vamp the regular H3 wings in the same fashion?

These look great with the Full Boar or H3PC, but look a bit klunky next to the more elegant finish of the full H3. :sad2: (sorry but its true)

Having a similar chassis and the anodized aluminum finish with grooved faders and things would be very nice to match the look and more importantly the feel of the full H3. The grooved faders are really the one thing I miss the most on the Road Hogs.

If you are planning such a re-work, then it would be great to have the rate wheel on Playback and the I-wheel on Programmer as well.
  • PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
    edited January 2008
    They look great!
    But like Marty said; Nothing beats the look of a full Hog3 with Expansion-wing :headbang:
  • VeldaVelda Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Wow fantastic. Only wish the screen would fold flat for storage tho. I think thats my fav hog add on yet.
  • nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2008
    Yes don't forget the Hog3 now that thing are working right.well most thing.
  • Maarten_DeverMaarten_Dever Registered User
    edited January 2008
    will it works with the normal roadhog ?
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Maarten,

The regular Road Hog does not have any external monitor connections. However you could get creative and use the new wings with a Road Hog console. The control surface (faders, buttons, etc) will work when plugged into a Road Hog, then the monitor could be plugged into another computer such as your laptop or visualizer.
  • edited February 2008
    Hi, This post of mine will surely updates knowledge and contain valuable information. However I would like suggestions about some specific information. If you can help me then please send me a private message. Many Thanks,:aiwebs_010:
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2008
    Perhaps support could be added for the Matrox desktop extenders to allow original Roadhog users the chance to make the most of the new wings?

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/dh2go/home.php

Ross
    edited February 2008
    Ross,

I am not sure how this would help with no VGA output from the Road Hog... I do use the Dual Head 2Go with my laptop (looking at the screens right now) and I love it...
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2008
    Yes very true Brad. Guess Roadhog users won't be queing up to buy the wings after all!

Ross
  • Ivan HamwijkIvan Hamwijk Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Very very nice,

Good work. I've got only one issue. Did you thought of the cd draw on the Full boar? That becomes i bit un-handy.

Ivan
    edited February 2008
    Ivan,

Yes when you place the wings as in this photo the CD drawer is blocked, but the wing is easy to move... plus maybe you might put both wings off to the left so all playbacks are together...
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited February 2008
    bradpepe wrote:
    maybe you might put both wings off to the left so all playbacks are together

This is definitely what I would do personally....I like all my faders together.:)

So will we finally have the option of "mapping" where the touchscreens are physically located for mouse-pointer movement etc...instead of being locked into the defaults...or is the picture indicative of how this will be handled?;)
    edited February 2008
    Marty,

No no mapping of screens yet... the screens map the same as any external monitors...
  • Ivan HamwijkIvan Hamwijk Registered User
    edited February 2008
    All faders together is probably the only solution.
    But I like my keylights on the console(with my left hand) and the other stuff at the wing which is at the right. You guys tought me that with Hog2 and 3:D

Well I'm nagging around. It's just a minor detail.
    I'll get just to it.
    It still are great products.
    edited February 2008
    The great thing about the wings is that you can lay them out how you want. You can do as the photo shows or you can place them both on one side... freedom of choice!
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2008
    Brad,

I love the fact that the programming wing can be fitted with four universes. That's awesome! If my TabletPC only has one VGA out, how could I use both wings with my Tablet to make a complete system? Would I have to stick with one wing? What about second wing without the VGA connection, only the USB?
    edited February 2008
    Scott,

You could probably use a Dual Head2GO type device to split the output of your tablet to two screens.. I use one for my laptop at the office. I am unsure how the touch screen driver would work however. I will have to give this a try.

Also as you state you can always use just the USB connection and not the VGA for the second one.
    edited February 2008
    FYI...

Back to the point about placing two Road Hog Wings on one side and the mouse not moving across them in a row... remember that the wings have touchscreens so you probably will not scroll the mouse accross them much like you do with non-touch screens.
  • jgedrosejgedrose Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Brad,

Have you had a chance to see how the Touch Screen driver works with your Head2Go?

Thanks,

Jason