Fixture mask for Marking

amir877amir877 Registered User
Hey,

How about to be able to decide wich fixture will get Mark in a Marked cue...?

For example:
i want only my Mac 2k's do a Mark in a Mark Q and not the all cue, i want to see the path of the other lights.

Amir

Comments

• stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Yes of course!
  • Mike HansonMike Hanson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Here is a little work around until they can implement your request. Use the strobe to black out your fixtures that you don’t want marked and leave there intensity at 1%. This way the fixtures not at 0% will not be marked. You can put a delay on the strobe so you can still have a crosfade to the 1% value, then the strobe can snap in.
  • quinnquinn Registered User
    edited January 2008
    i too was hoping for a much, much more robust Mark, but for now, i'll see your non-mutexed-shutters-even-installed-in-my-striplight-assuming nonsense, and raise you ~0.31%:
    1 > 4 @ 0 > 01 enter
    - 2 knockout
    record global intensity 1 enter
    dismiss the "errors"
    leveraging the abstraction layer, this palette outputs DMX 00 while precluding fixtures from participating in a Mark.

for some odd reason (right?) Live gets a little funky when determining whether or not to select fixtures @ 0.31%:
    Live Enter will not select fixtures @ 0.31%
    Live Color 1 will select fixtures @ 0.31% (...if they're in Color 1)
    Live Color 1 Slash will not select fixtures @ 0.31%
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2008
    I have a request in with Brad and the team for special case fixtures which would be programmed at say . rather than zero to deliberately ignore any mark cues. I think this is what you are asking for and will make a powerful enhancement if ever implemented.
    Ross
  • PryderiPryderi Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2008
    So this would be like an inverted version of the Artisan / Virtuoso 'MARK' command. Any fixture assigned will ignore a Mark (as opposed to the Vari Lite way, where a fixture will be Marked). Like an 'OUT' state - syntax wise how about assigning it to the 'OUT' on the toolbar.

P
    edited February 2008
    Yes the thought process being that if a cue is selected to be a mark cue more fixtures than less would be required to mark on average so therefore the exception would be the odd few you want as a live move. Cues where all fixtures needed to move live would not be made to mark in the first place.

Ross
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Thanks Ross. We did discuss this last year when you were in Austin and it is logged for future development.

I hope all is well with you and your little one.
    edited February 2008
    Great thanks Brad. All quiet here.... Thankfully!