HOG PC III with midi controller ...

TofioTofio Registered User
Hello,

I would like to use my midi controller "Novation SL25" with my hog pc III, I would like to know if you are planning an update to use for lunch soon.
At the moment I still hog version II because of this lack, and it's a pity

Thanks in advance

Christophe.

Bonjour,
Je voudrais bien utiliser mon controleur midi Novation SL25 avec mon hog pc III, je voudrais savoir si vous prévoyez une mise à jour pour pouvoir utiliser le midi bientot.
En ce moment j'utilise encore la version hog II à cause de ce manque et c'est dommage.

D'avance merci

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Christophe,

Hog 3PC supports MIDI Show Control (MSC) commands both in and out as well as MIDI Timecode. Are you trying to use MIDI Notes? MIDI notes are planned for the future, but we do not have a current timeline for implementation. However many MIDI devices can be configured to output MSC or allow you to enter custom strings to send MSC commands. You might check the documentation for your Novation SL25.
  • TofioTofio Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Hi Brad,

Thank you for you explanation bright !

Here is the response given by the team support for novation:
    "As far as I'm aware MSC messages are a type of sysex message so it is poaaible to assign controls on the ReMOTE SL to send these, as long as they are less than 12 bytes long. This can be done either using the template editor, or the edit function on the ReMOTE SL."

I believe that I no longer had put me in everything.
    I give you the news, and thanks again

soon

Christophe.
    edited January 2008
    Christophe,

I am glad to hear that you have some good information. You can read the full MSC spec here:
    http://www.richmondsounddesign.com/txt/mscspec.txt

Good luck, I think you are on the right track!
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited January 2008
    Christophe,

You can use a simple event processor to translate the Note into MSC.
    Did this for a show last year and it worked flawlessly.

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm

Cat
  • Quixoticfusion.DanielQuixoticfusion.Daniel Registered User
    edited March 2008
    Hello

According to the manual only cuelists and cues seem to be able to be controlled by MSC. Is it possible to control Faders and Encoders in Hog3PC w/ MSC?

If I found a Midi Controller w/ USB and faders and encoders and could make sure it sent MSC commands or could translate its commands into MSC could I hook it to a USB port on a laptop running Hog3PC and use it to control faders and encoders?

Thanks
    Daniel
    edited March 2008
    Daniel,

You can not currently control faders and encoders with MSC. What controller did you find?
  • Quixoticfusion.DanielQuixoticfusion.Daniel Registered User
    edited March 2008
    This is the console I found, but now that I understand the differences between MIDI and MSC I see why my idea would not work.

http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_ohm.php

Thanks
    Daniel
  • JovaAaJovaAa Registered User
    edited October 2008
    bradpepe wrote:
    Daniel,

You can not currently control faders and encoders with MSC. What controller did you find?

Hello,
    I've searched the forum for an answer but couldn't find it. I understand that, with some workaround, controlling faders en encoders by midi it is possible with hog 2pc but not with hog 3pc. Right? Is it planned to be availble in version 3.0?

I want to use my jazzmutant Lemur for controlling the software. So far I can controll every button except the faders.

Also, a bit off topic, is v3 going to be able to send artnet? Or only to the road hog? (maybe somewhere on the net there is a overview of what to expect in v3? Couldn't find that either)

With kind regards, Joost
    edited October 2008
    Joost,

Are you talking about controls like GO and RELEASE, or the level of the fader itself (like fader at 40%) ?

"Cool as a moose"
    Cat
    edited October 2008
    Hi

Both, the GO and RELEASE and the faders+ encoders......
    edited October 2008
    Understood.

I do the GO and Release via an Event Processor (as I posted earlier in this thread), but the fader setting would be a question for High End. They currently don't show it in the list on page 310 of the english manual.

Maybe they could use the MSC "SET" command some day?

"Cool as a moose"
    Cat
    edited October 2008
    I'm controlling that with translations to a keystroke. Either an option with keystrokes (like grandMA does with encoders) or with MSC to control it is enough. But I can't find any info if v3.0 will suport this.

I do not have a node/widget yet and planning to buy one soon. I would love to work with hog software & widget but I kind of need this one option for my setup.
    edited October 2008
    Joost,

Version 3.0 is not planned to add additional MIDI or MSC controls. The release is primarily focused around networking capabilities (and lot of other items too). Also v3.0 will allow Art-Net output from a Road Hog Full Boar and also from the DP8000.

Full details will be available as we get closer to our planned December release.

thanks,