Bootable usb stick / XP

BodhiBodhi Registered User
Hi,

I there a way to create a bootable usb stick in XP?
I have tried the way it's done in Vista, but that doesn't work, as the stick is not recognised at all.
Any comments?

Bhagat

Comments

• leeagoldsteinleeagoldstein Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Not sure exactly what you have tried, but check out this PDF
    http://www.flyingpig.com/support/BootableUSBFlashDrive.pdf
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Bhagat,

As stated by Lee, please read our tech document for directions with Vista. We have researched several methods for XP, but have yet to come up with a full proof and reliable method. The directions in the PDF listed above do work well with a flash drive. You need to ensure that your drive is at least 512mb and that it has bootable capabilities.
  • BodhiBodhi Registered User
    edited January 2008
    Hi, thanks for the reply, but... after typing "list disk" I get the message that this is not a valid or recognised command. ( XP Media edition)
    So I get stranded right there.
    Bhagat
  • UptownLightingUptownLighting Registered User
    edited January 2009
    ok....I am missing something.

I am trying to update my RoadHog and am having issues with this whole "Bootable USB" thing.

I am using a Windows XP computer.

First of all, I have the PDF - but I am lost on step 1. Where is this windows logo that I type "cmd" at? (I feel really dumb that I can't get past step one)

Thanks!
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2009
    The instructions are for Vista not XP.....the easiest way to make a bootable USB is actually directly on the desk.

You will need a USB keyboard hooked up to do this, and full instructions are in the manual and in the RH Quick Start Guide.

Hope this helps:)
  • UptownLightingUptownLighting Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Thanks Marty.
  • Stuart31Stuart31 Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Marty, will give it a try.

Cheers,

Stuart