changing fixture type

helllllo ppl.

i have a show that i want to change the fixture type.
i want to have the cues working with the new fixture type, without programing them again.

i am 99% know that i cant do it H2 console.

but i am also 99% sure that in H3 console i can.

so my question is : can i load the show that programed on H2 console to the H3 (or hog3pc) console ,change the fixture type, save it and load it back in the H2?

shtarkAir
  • Hi,
    you can get a show transfered from the H2 platform to H3 platform but you cannot go back again.The H2 and H3 platform are not the same.

It is possible to "clone" a fixture in Hog 2 by using the "pig+copy" syntax.
    You haven't explained what you are trying to clone....if you are cloning washlights/spots or desk channels its not "very" difficult but media servers etc can be a bit more tricky.
    If you do a search for macros's or comment macro's you might find someone who will share show cloning macro's with you,basically what these do is automate the keystrokes so you do not have to load every cue.

Others will comment with more info,i would advise against altering lib files which is another way of changing show fixtures but can yield unexpalined results.

Cormac
  • You may also want to have a look at this thread:

forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=4838
Related