tips on how people would program this scenario.

I have a show coming up which is a 5 date awards ceremony, the thing i need peoples ideas on are as follows.

When each person receives an award it is announced on stage, just before the announcement all house lights will drop to 30% and i need to highlight the award winning table with 2 or more macs for approx 5 seconds then do a sting with the rest of the moving lights.

I have done this in various ways the past years i have done the show but this year we have a road hog as opposed to the previous years running on a hog 1k.

There is a couple of ways i have thought of doing this, i will use 2 masters one containing various stings stacked ontop of each other and the other having all table numbers stacked in numerical order with intensity of the relevant movers programmed in. with the table master set to cue only i would load the relevant table when its called ( there will be a producer cueing up myself and followspots) by having the master selected and using GOTO## ENTER (with the table fader down) wait for announcement, bring house lights down and bring up the table fader, hold it for a couple of seconds then hit play on the sting master with the fader at full.
Only a few things doing this which im sure could be figured out which are the easiest way to involve the macs which lit the table into the sting, would this be acheivable by setting a priority on the sting master?? the other is the easiest way to subtly release the sting master?? can i set a stop command any how between the different stings ie play on the sting fader goes and play stops loading up the next sting in the stack?? or would you set flash and release??

The other way i thought is to build all the table positions into virtual masters spread across the whole page with a whole load of stings on the same page for quick access, my only question with that is where would i record the intensity as i need to have the fixtures already loaded onto the table position when the intensity is brought to full perhaps a marccue on a virtual master?? ( also is there a way of spreading 2 pages of virtual masters across the two screens on the road hog?)

I appreciate ill have to redo all preset focus on the table betwen venues but hopefully can reuse the stings
i would like to hear how others would attack a similar scenario and which way would be the quickest and easiest to operate??

hope this all makes sense

Thanks in advance

Mike
Related