(1809) Bug Report: Releasing Virtual Cuelist Below HTP Scene Level

Name: Jim Ohrberg
Date: 1/3/2008
Software Version and build number: 2.2.2 b1809
Number of displays: 2
Connected USB Devices: touch screens
Networked Devices: none
Detailed description of the problem including instructions to reproduce (if possible) and exact syntax used: A releasing virtual cuelist takes priority over an HTP scene fader when the HTP scene is at a higher level - see below for an example.
List any errors reported by the software: none

Record channel 1 in an HTP scene and attach to a fader. Bring the fader up to 40%.
Record channel 1 at 100% in cue 1 of a virtual cuelist. Record it at 0% in cue 2 of the same list. Record a blank cue 3 with a comment macro to release the list. (Yes, I could have used the release at end option, but I didn't verify if the bug occured with that method...)
Run the virtual cuelist – channel fades correctly from 40% to full.
Run cue 2 on virtual cuelist (by touching the cuelist in the directory window) – channel fades correctly from full to 40%.
Run cue 3 on virtual cuelist (by touching the cuelist in the directory window) – channel quickly dips down below 40 :Eyecrazy: (maybe to 0?) and then fades back to 40% in a the release time of the cuelist.

Sometimes I could observe this behavior in the output window, but I could always see it in the fixture.

Using a release time of zero seconds on the cuelist was my workaround - there was no visible drop in the output level.

I was originally building the virtual cuelist as a single cue with a four second release time, but the cuelist would always release in a time of zero. Not sure if I was doing something wrong, or if that is a separate bug.
Related