Zip and CDrom drive

foxriderfoxrider Registered User, Hog Beta
Hi all,

I'm having some problems with the Zip and CDrom drive of a Hog 3 console. The console cannot read any Zip disk or CD at all. :confused: Does anyone what is the cause for this problem? Is there any other way I could extract the showfile from the console?

Comments

• RKHCKPRKHCKP Registered User
    edited December 2007
    can you not use a USB drive?
  • foxriderfoxrider Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    Is USB enabled in Hog 3? I'm haven't been on this console for few months am unsure that this function is ready.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    No..the actual H3 console does not yet support USB drives.

Have you opened up the backplates and confirmed that all connections are seated properly?
  • RKHCKPRKHCKP Registered User
    edited December 2007
    i guess i am thinking of the ipc, such a shame not to have a such common device to use like other current consoles these days.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    Yes...it would be nice to have the USB. As it's been mentioned, it's a complete kernal upgrade which will require a TON of testing to make sure it operates properly without breaking any existing code.

At this point, I'm happy to see the way things have been churning out with regards to bugs and features. If that means I use CD-RW or Zip for a while to keep things stable...I'm all for it.

J
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Wee,

I suggest you contact our support department so they can walk you through some troubleshooting on your console hardware. +1800-890-8989 or support@flyingpig.com