Fades in chases

stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
:poke: OK, I will prefix this as it's been a super long week and I know I was hit with the stupid stick but...

I want to make a cuelist- 2 cues, light is at 100% to start (no fade, except the fader itself) -- I want it to fade from say magenta to cyan, over 15 seconds then go to the next cue.

My theory was ok, one minute, set the chase to 4 bpm. Set the fade time for each cue to 15 seconds. I hit play, and everything fades in but then the fade doesn't finish before cue 2 triggers. What am I doing wrong .. I know its something stupid, since I asked two other people and they can't answer my question!

:hogsign:

Comments

• srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    Well, the chase works well if you don't change the fadetime... but someone could explain how the fade time affects the chase, cause I couldn't figure out the way it does now.
  • ed the beamboted the beambot Registered User
    edited December 2007
    Hi Steph,
    Still wondering?
    Why do you want to do this with a chase?

How about this:
    First cue Intensity at 100%, color magenta, fade time 0sec or whatever is appropriate.
    Cue 2 color cyan, fade time 15 sec. use FOLLOW
    if you want to fade back to magenta then cue 1 copy to cue 3, set the fade time on cue 3 to 15 sec., make it a follow cue too, link cue 3 to cue 2.

The list will now loop.

As far as fade times in a chase...I don't know if they effect anything or not. I think they are ignored...but I have been known to get whacked with the stupid stick too.

Happy New Year!
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    Like Ed said Follow and fade time is also nice way to do a chase, but you lose the BPM rate and tapping, I think..

Fade times are not ignored when list is a chase, that's why I asked how they do affect the chase. Maybe I should play a little more with it, so I can figure out how it works...
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2008
    I knew I was having a moment. I guess I was trying to both over simplify and over complicate the process all at the same time. I was now able to create exactly what I was looking for, and fill in the blanks on how to fix some other issues I've been having as well. Wha hoo and stuff! Thanks!