Don't Park

nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
:684: Parkin with 2.3 b1928 compleatly locks that channel and can not be releast with out node reset I to found this out last night but the internet was down this sucks nun of the tricks from the past will get you out of this pile of pigs pooh :angryfire:

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Robin,

We are aware of this new park problem and have a fix that will be out soon..

thanks for your patience,
  • nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    This could be a big turn off for the punters trying this new update how long is this going to be stand by for the fix, dose not quite do it I think we need this fix before
    New years !

Robin
    edited December 2007
    How long on that fix Brad, 1928 was a grate leap forward this could be two back for a user that gets F%^&%$ by this and make them very gun shy I have been there it took me a year to get over crashing in frount
    10.000 punters ?
    edited December 2007
    Don't park what ever you do.
    edited December 2007
    Robin,

As stated in an email, if you must PARK then I suggest that you revert back to v2.2.2 which is very stable. We will get a patch out as soon as possible, but I do not have a timeline right now to post.

thanks for your understanding,
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2008
    Unpatching and then repatching the fixture is a temp fix, rather than resetting the DP.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2008
    Thanks Scott...I'll give that a shot to see if it works for me.
    edited January 2008
    Yes I realy want to unpatch my rig and right down those numbers then re patch them. but thanks'
    edited January 2008
    We expect to have the patch out early this week... final testing is occuring now... In addition we have fixed several other long standing Park problems, such as Pig+Park does not always unpark.
    edited January 2008
    Brad, thanks.
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2008
    nibor wrote:
    Yes I realy want to unpatch my rig and right down those numbers then re patch them. but thanks'

Good point. I wouldn't want to repatch my rig, but for a small selection wouldn't be so bad.
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2008
    You can unpatch then press UNDO to do the re-patching.

Mitch
  • davidfitwedavidfitwe Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2008
    Brad,

If you can have this patch out before Friday that would be great. I want to have this park stuff sorted before I leave my current job, that is ending on Friday. And I don't know if the next user will be comfortable upgrading the console.

David Wetmore
    edited January 2008
    All,

We are currently planning to have the patch released late today (Tuesday).
  • davidfitwedavidfitwe Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2008
    Awsome!:D
    edited January 2008
    Grate, how fixed is park, can you have the parked window open now without values getting stuck that would be super

Thanks
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Robin,

Yes. The problem with park leaving values stuck (appearing in the output window in blue text as if they are controlled by an editor) has been fixed in the v2.3.1 software release. You can now park or unpark from the programmer, any preview editor, or the parked editor without problems.

We've also added functionality so that when you unpark, the parked values are brought into the current editor. This gives operators the ability to gracefully fade these values out, rather than have them snap in a time 0 as they did before. These values are marked as recorded when they are brought into the editor so that they won't be included in record operations unless they are touched first.

Wholehog software v2.3.1 is available for download from the Flying Pig Systems web site at http://www.flyingpig.com.

Thanks.
    edited January 2008
    Tom, got it yesterday, nice:hogsign: