iPC Major bug report

Name: Pim Elberse
Date: 14-12-2007
Software Version and build number: V2.2.0 b1809
1x Hog iPC Console
2x Playback Wing
1 External displays
Networked Devices: None

Just running a regular old school :angryfire:heavy:aargh4:metal:aargh4:concert:angryfire:. And a full glass of beer dropped into the console!:eek::eek::eek: The DMX-output froze, and the screens went blank:eek::eek::eek:
After that, the console did not react on anything. I checked the manual on this issue, and could not find anything :dunno:

Unplugging the mains seemed the only option, and hope for the best tomorrow. The last 4 songs in one cue, I hope nobody noticed...:sad:

Errors given by the console:
None.

Please solve my bug! Why can't anyone spill beer in my console without any errors!

Gr.
Pim

PS: I send the desk to the technical department, hope they can clean it, and have not to many errors when it gets back.

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited December 2007
    Sorry to hear this happened to you. Any luck getting the desk back up after letting it dry out?
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    Apparently, this bug also exists with Water, KoolAid, Vodka, Tequilla....not that I'd know anything about those.

Might be something to watch out for. :friday: :friday: :friday:
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited December 2007
    Must not have been a Light Beer.
    Oooh, bad pun.

Stay away from Rum and EggNog, really hard to clean up I would imagine.

Cat
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited December 2007
    To avoid incidents I would sugest a camelbak.:friday: This will keep your beverage of choice close at hand without a chance of knocking it over.:147: This will also help keep contents under cover:ninja: should they not be appoved by the local sponsor.:mad: Also make sure the sound guy is cleverly placed between you and any crowd. Insist this is just for his benifit. Oh and keep any band grouipes:outtahere: at the monitor console they like the show there better and you dont have to answer any questions during the set.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    Hmm...Highend should start to build big EcoDomes for a console+operator :)

Ecodome is a weather-resistant,
    modular outdoor housing system that is both attractive and
    unobtrusive. Ecodome adapts to its environment, giving a clean
    look to whatever architectural setting it operates in.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Sami,

Actually back in 1996 when HES debuted the Ecodome at LDI, we also were showing voice control of Status Cue. When the show floor opened and the booth became noisy, I suggested that we sit inside the ecodome and talk to the console via the headset!

Of course this would not have prevented the beer spill. However if you can get your crew to errect a tarp around the FOH then it will help... even with an angry, wet crowd in the lawn behind you.... (see the photo)
    edited December 2007
    Heheh... the one advantage of EcoDome is that it gives the operator attractive look and adapts him to environment :) maybe a clean look also :)
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited December 2007
    The Harley bubble will keep both you and your console dry. I would ditch the fan and go with a dual purpose ac/heater unless you are indoors.
  • PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
    edited December 2007
    I like the bubble-idea! A nice clean environment, easy to ignore the crowd and the sound-guy. Do they come with a build-in toilet and a bed? I could just live in there for a whole festival, and come home clean!
    edited December 2007
    and if the Harley is included, you can drive home with it :)