enhanced trackball for media servers

I'm working a lot with media servers and dl2's and it would be great if the trackball and the buttons could get the following functions when working with this kind of materials.

The trackball when its in blue and a graphic layher is selected does X & Y positions of the image

Top left button = switch function to keep x and y scale value of the image the same proportion to maintain aspect ratio of the image

bottom left button = image file value decreases with 1

bottom right button= image file value increases with 1

Greetings

Frank Verbeek
Production Partners
  • [quote=Frankv1234]The trackball when its in blue and a graphic layher is selected does X & Y positions of the image

Top left button = switch function to keep x and y scale value of the image the same proportion to maintain aspect ratio of the image

I like these 2 ideas! Could be very useful indeed...

[quote=Frankv1234]
    bottom left button = image file value decreases with 1

bottom right button= image file value increases with 1

I agree that there needs to be a better way to access media folders and files....I asked a long time ago to be able to press "set" with an encoder and then type in the value.

I think some other folks have asked to be able to use the arrow keys to navigate...let me find some of those threads and I'll put them in here.....

Here is my original request thread:
    forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=1755
  • Marty,

I really support the "set + encoder" idea but i'm not sure its enough for speeding up selecting media.

I now using a show file that has all folders in beam pallete 901 to 999 and all files in beam pallete 1001 to 1255. So for selecting folder 5 file 233 i type beam 905 beam 1233 enter. It works great and fast but i feel i'm working as an accountant with all those numbers. especially when programming shows with a lot of powerpoint slides it would be real easy when we can increase the file value with one.

If you are interested in testing my show file with the beam palettes let me know then i will post it on my server.

greetings

Frank Verbeek
    Production Partners
  • Here is one of the other threads for increase/decrease ideas:
    forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=3666

And another with using + -:
    forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=3838

I do much the same as you Frank. I build a folder only palette for each of my folders that I will be using, and then I often build a bunch of file only jump points (I've never gone so far as to do a palette for each folder and file separately though!:eek: )
  • And of course you always have to consider the extra wear and tear on a hard-drive if you are constantly bumping though media files one by one.

I personally feel it is much better to simply jump to exactly where you want to go, and use the thumbnails in CMA to decide where to go.
Related