Music Trigger

rblazovicrblazovic Registered User
Greetings all...my first post.

I've got a client that rents out space for corporate a and other types of events. Some of these events are high school dances. We have some gear semi-permenently installed onsite and have just begun using the Hog 3PC to control a few Macs, some Studio Colors and a couple of Cyberlights. Some of the events can afford a full package with operator and others just want flashing lights.

My questions is: How can I trigger some generic cues and chases from music played by a deejay. I'm looking to imitate the music to light functionality found in deejay style equipment. In a perfect world, I would envission an audio conversion box with a mic that could initiate a 3 different triggers based on high, mid and low freqency input. These triggers would in turn run overlapping cues or chases and maybe vary rate/speed. Any help?

Comments

• rblazovicrblazovic Registered User
    edited December 2007
    OK...50 plus views and no responses. Is it the external trigger side or the Hog programming side or is this just too crazy :Eyecrazy: of idea to consider? Maybe the smilies will help. :D
  • BodhiBodhi Registered User
    edited December 2007
    Well, as far as I know, there is no sound-to-light option on the H3 platform.

Bhagat
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited December 2007
    Ron,

Look at the products like www.midisolutions.com
    Some combination of a mic/filter/midi might work.
    It may also get costly.

Cat
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Ron,

Currently we do not have any sound-to-light features implemented, but I was hoping some users would make other suggestions for you. The midisolutions idea is a good one. You might also contact doug fleenor designs at: www.dfd.com
  • deegsterdeegster Registered User
    edited December 2007
    Are there any plans in the future to implement this feature?
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited December 2007
    I remember many years ago the local Disco (yea, that really dates it) had a small 2up rack mount device that took audio in and had three channels of "bump style" outs that responded to the low, mid and highs of the incoming audio.

Seems there would still be something like that around.

Cat
    edited December 2007
    Jeremy,

You asked if there are plans in the future to implement this feature... possibily, but I do not currently have a timeline. The simple fact is that there are many other requests that cover a broader range of customers in line ahead of sound-to-light. This is not to say that we will not implement it, but to let you know that it is a lower priority request.

thank you for your understanding.
  • deegsterdeegster Registered User
    edited December 2007
    oh no worries Brad, it's not something I would use right now anyways, just inquiring. cheers!
  • edwardhodgeedwardhodge Registered User
    edited May 2009
    I would just take a Beat sync button so that the console knows the tempo of music playing. Then in the settings tab of each chase you could say that beat button takes control. This would be really useful in large concert settings.
    edited May 2009
    I would just take a Beat sync button so that the console knows the tempo of music playing. Then in the settings tab of each chase you could say that beat button takes control. This would be really useful in large concert settings.

Edward,

we do have a Tap Sync option for chases. With this feature you can manually tap in the beat and the chase will continue it. This is of course different from a sound-to-light feature, but can still be useful. See section 24.5.5 of the user manual / Help for further details.