play media once forward error

Frankv1234Frankv1234 Registered User
edited December 2007 in DL.3/DL.2
Hi there,

I've got the following problem. When running a m2v in mode media loop forward the movie is outputting without a problem. When using mode play media once forward the film is stops 10 second to early. The in frame is set a 0 and the out frame is set at 65536.

What is happening here ?? is it a bug at the m2v file :mad: ? is it a bug at the dl2 :mad: ? or is at a bug by the operator :rtfm: ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Greetings

Frank Verbeek
Production Partners

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    You can try to narrow down your error possibilities by changing the file and see if it still stops 10 seconds too early.

File A - stops 10 seconds too early.

Try with File B - Does it still stop too early? If not, it's probably a file issue. If it still stops 10 seconds too early, it might be a programming issue.

Do you have a random "Sync to" programmed to something that doesn't exist?

With everything cleared and released, can you play the full file without issues (narrow down programming issue)?

Try those and see what you come up with....
  • Frankv1234Frankv1234 Registered User
    edited December 2007
    hi
    narrow down your error possibilities by changing the file
    i,m not at the pre production location anymore but gone try it with different files on monday on the show location. Show is the next day so there is plenty of time. I now have solved the problem temporally by using media loop forward and add an extra cue with a media mode paused and a wait time in the cuelist of the length of the film

Do you have a random "Sync to" programmed to something that doesn't exist?
    sync to is not used i'm sure of that

With everything cleared and released, can you play the full file without issues (narrow down programming issue)?
    problem also exists when the dl2 is only in the programmer and all scenes and lists are released
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2007
    It sounds to me like a problem with your media file.

If the GOP structure is not set to be all "I" frames, then things like this can happen.

I'm sure you have this link already, but just in case, have a look at:

http://www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/CreatingCustomContent.asp#Steps
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Frank,

As everyone has suggested odds are high that it is likely something in the encoding of the clip.

Check against all the recommendations we have posted in the Content Creation section on the web and see if there is anything obvious that jumps out. If not, you can send the file to us and we can determine the cause for you.

Scott
  • Frankv1234Frankv1234 Registered User
    edited December 2007
    Ok problem solved.

I'am converting my content with Apple compresser. I,ve never read the part of converting the media for os X. I just start using FCP compressor because i was used to the FCP studio and it has a mpeg2 conversion setting. I should have :rtfm:

Sorry that i've wasted your time but thanks for the help

Greetings

Frank Verbeek