Technobeam Lamp Out

radiokrisleeradiokrislee Registered User
edited October 2011 in HES Automated Lighting
I have a Technobeam fixture that keeps displaying "Lamp Out" on the LCD, that lamp has been replaced along with the capacitor. I have tested the ignitor and the ballast and they are fine, does anyone else know what the problem could be? I've just about come to the conclusion that it's the main board.

Comments

• Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited December 2007
    Unless it is a Wiring problem, such as a lamp socket, Make sure you look for any bare wire, it will make it easy for the lamp strike voltage to find an alternate path to ground, thus not strking the lamp.
    If is not a wiring problem, It probably is the main board.

Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited December 2007
    The technobeam has timer on it that if the lamp hours are over the limit the unit simply will not strike!:eek:

Re set the lamp hours in the menu. I prefer the timer turned off (also in the menu).:D
    edited December 2007
    The technobeam and the SS-250 have a timer on the lamp. Go over the limit and the unit simply will not strike!!. :aargh4: It drives people nuts...

Re-set the lamp hours in the menu. I prefer the timer turned off myself, (also in the menu). Once re-set the unit will function properly.:D
    edited December 2007
    Good call puffy,
    I had forgotten about that, as I always reset my lamp counters...
    Joshua Wood
    edited December 2007
    Ok, I thought I only posted that once, but there was an error, so I assumed it didn't post,
    Whoops,
    Josh
    edited December 2007
    The technobeam and the SS-250 have a timer on the lamp. Go over the limit and the unit simply will not strike!!. :aargh4: It drives people nuts...

Re-set the lamp hours in the menu. I prefer the timer turned off myself, (also in the menu). Once re-set the unit will function properly.:D
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2007
    The lamp timer was put in to allow for architectural type installations where there is little to any maintanence.

As I recall the default for the fixture is for the timer to be off.
    edited December 2007
    Website was going nuts Mon am. :confused: Sorry for the posts.
    edited December 2007
    Puffy,

We were having some issues with the forum database on our web server. Got it all sorted out by yesterday evening.
  • radiokrisleeradiokrislee Registered User
    edited January 2008
    yup that worked! But I cannot find anywhere in the settings to turn off the timer as it was stated that it could be turned off.
    edited January 2008
    It's under SET->LMPL (Lamp Life). You'll want to turn it OFF.
  • tanzendjtanzendj Registered User
    edited October 2011
    reset lamp hours fix everything, thanks!!