Please Help! This keeps bugging me. . .

deegsterdeegster Registered User
:06:

I want to create a movement effect like a bally hoo, and use the fader to control speed and size. When I set the fader to Manual Crossfade, it sticks at the top of the fader. Then when I release , the fader is backwards. What is the best way to have the fader control the Speed and size, going higher at the top of the fader, and slower at the bototm? :trink26:

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited December 2007
    To avoid confusion with releases mixed in with manual xfaders, it's probably best to record the ballyhoo effect on one cuelist with a small size and slow speed and then use a seperate IPCB scene to increase size and speed.
  • deegsterdeegster Registered User
    edited December 2007
    hmm forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this, but how do I go about programming the IPCB fader? I read the manual on how to, but what would I actually need to record? I'm kinda confused (off to do some research until I hear back). Thanks!
    edited December 2007
    ok I kinda got it. I have my ballyhoo cuelist on one fader with a small rate and size. then I created a icpb fader (which I've never used before, and this is awesome by the way) with the full value on a fader next to the ballyhoo fader. I hit play on the movement and use the ipcb fader, and this works perfectly, but brings up a couple of questions.

1) can I use macros on the ipcb fader to launch the movement cue, and can I release the cue the same way when the ipcb fader hits zero?

2) if I have multiple movements, is there a way to use one ipcb fader with all of them?
    edited December 2007
    actually, why do I need to have a seperate cuelist and fader? can't I just record the effect to a scene, and then turn that into an IPCB fader?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    Yes you can.

Don't forget to use "persist on override" for any cuelists you want to restore after you bring the IPCB fader down.

Hope this helps:)
    edited December 2007
    ok so I have a new love for IPCB faders. sorry I'm so new to this.

Is it possible to have a bunch of scenes or cuelists of different kinds of movements (Square Stage, Square Audience, Circle Stage, Circle Audience, etc), and then have one fader to control rate, and one fader to control size?

I'm just wondering if I can make a large database of different effects and only have to use two faders to control them, instead of assigning each effect to a fader (since I'm limited on faders). Thanks~
    edited December 2007
    . . . ?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    Jeremy,

It is not possible to split an effect up in this manner.

Once IPCB is re-introduced for cuelists (it is an H2 feature) as well, you will be able to build a cue stack and assign the list to be IPCB, but I do not know when exactly this will be available.

HES/FPS announced a while ago that this was being worked on, but did not set a release date.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Marty and Jeremy,

The IPCB for cuellists feature is in our current beta and we plan to release the software very soon...
    edited December 2007
    Why are some of my IPCB faders flashing (Strobe on one and position on another)?

And also, I programmed an up position on one fader with Full intensity, and my main positions are on another fader. When I push the up position IPCB fader, it fades in the intensity and postion if the main position (and intensity) fader is at zero. If the main is at any level, it fades the position appropriately.

When I get to the top and go back down, the position on the IPCB fader fades back down at the rate of the fader, but the intensity snaps to zero. I believe my paths are also set to linear. Any ideas why the intensity snaps and doesnt fade down with the fader? (thanks)
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited December 2007
    Are you talking about the flash led blinking on the IPCB master? The reason that some are flashing while others aren't is because when in a released state only masters that have the potential to effect intensity will have a flashing LED.

Regarding your other comment, the intensity is probably snapping to zero because of a bug with mixing HTP faders and IPCB cuelists. Do you have an HTP fader controlling those same fixtures somewhere else in the show?
    edited December 2007
    That makes sense about the leds flashing because the prism rotation and movement faders aren't flashing.

I do have a main fader, but I didn't think it was set to HTP. i'll have to double check. basically I have a main regular fader that has a cuelist of different positions, and it also controls intensity.

I want to create another fader that just has a blinding position, and also intensity. so if my regular fader is up at a position, i can raise the blinding fader. and if the regular fader is set to zero, i can still raise the blinding fader and it will fade in and out intensity.