Technobeam Pan Help

Ed KazzEd Kazz Registered User
edited December 2007 in HES Automated Lighting
Hi,

I have just purchased my first technobeam (slowly upgrading my 25 powerscans 250mrs) and am having a problem with the pan. When in test mode everything works fine EXCEPT the pan (the motor tries to move with a little help but not on its own). So I switched the wire from the tilt and still have the same problem. Looks like its not the motor. Also I have noticed that the lithos move (rotate back/forth)when testing pan. Is this normal?The company I had purchased the fixture from said
everything had been tested and was OK?? I had read somewhere there is a Mechanical adjustment for the pan/tilt. If so can that be the problem and where can I find a "how to"??
I mainly do Christmas/New Years shows and thought a technobeam would be a nice change. I hope its something simple! Also can anyone recommend some nice gobo/lithos?

Thanks for Any Help
Ed

Comments

• Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited December 2007
    So when you switched the wire, the problem stayed with the plug? or the motor?
    If it stayed with the plug, it probably has a bad motor driver chip,
    I would swap the one from pan for the one with tilt, and see if that moves the problem.
    If that is the case, replace the driver chip with a new one, and you are in buisness.
    As for the Litho, yes they rotate the the fixture pans.

Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • Ed KazzEd Kazz Registered User
    edited December 2007
    Hey Josh,

Thanks for the reply. It is a wiring problem (two wires "open" feeding tilt motor). Now I need a mirror! The one that is on the fixture looks like it was made in someones basement and is half the size. I can't believe a new one casts $140.00!!! Maybe someone has a used one (does not look too good right now)...

Thanks Again
    Ed
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited December 2007
    For used parts, your best bet is,
    www.lightparts.com
    they should also have the harness that is bad.
    Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood