hog pc / vista compatibility

d.pendletond.pendleton Registered User
Hi there,
The Download page states that HOG PC isn't yet Vista friendly, but I installed it on my new laptop the other day (without realising there was issues) and it seems to run without glitch (so far).

What / if are the known bugs running HOGPC with Vista? I haven't managed to find one. (Admittedly, I've not hooked up any wings / dongle yet though)

Cheers,
Deano

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2007
    You must be running Hog-2PC no? I have seen this run on Vista, but Hog-3PC cannot yet be installed on Vista.
  • AndreasAndreas Registered User
    edited December 2007
    Actually it seems like Deano has right about hog3pc. As I write this I'm testing hog3pc on vista. Just got my new laptop today, with vista pre-installed. I was just about to reboot it with xp, when I thought, hey what the heck, I'll try installing hog3pc on vista to see what happens. And guess what! No problemo! I'm testing it right now, I'll let a show run for a couple of hours and see if the vista gets evil;)

Maybe I dare to test it live on friday? No guts, no glory!

I'll keep you posted...
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    but how about 64-bit?
    edited December 2007
    No idea, I'm running 32-bit Home premium.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2007
    Interesting....:33: the last time I tried to install H3PC on Vista it wouldn't go..:06:
  • d.pendletond.pendleton Registered User
    edited December 2007
    I can only assume that the install-protection for vista was removed in v2.2.2 (Build 1809) which is the current release.

I've attached an image as proof, for all those non-believers!
  • quinnquinn Registered User
    edited December 2007
    Andreas wrote:
    Maybe I dare to test it live on friday? No guts, no glory!

on the 32-bit side of the world, it's really not as scary as it sounds. couple words of advice:

the Power Management facilities in Vista have significantly changed. review your settings carefully if you're going to serve a show off of a laptop.

if your Launcher starts having missing file errors, you'll want to already know where %APPDATA%\Flying Pig Systems\Hog 3PC\ is and how to delete the entire Persistant folder, not just its contents.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited December 2007
    Reminder:
    Hog 3PC is NOT supported by HES/FPS when used on any operating system other than Windows XP. If you are using Hog 3PC on a Vista operating system, we can not guarantee the reliability of the system. Until we announce official support with Windows Vista, users are asked to continue to use Windows XP only.

Thank you for your understanding,
    edited December 2007
    quinn, thanks for the tips. Really sneaky settings for power management, especially the USB-setting.... Hm, could have been interesting...

And Brad, thanks for the reminder, I'm certainly aware of that I shouldn't expect hog3pc to work properly on vista. Hence, if it did you'd already realeased a vista version. And I promise that I wont bother you when my lights goes crazy!

Best
    - Andreas