Subnetwork

Hello!

I have a problem with configuring a subnetwork.
I have a Wholehog 3 with two DP 2000 with a switch together in a network. the Wholehog 3 gives the IP Adresses 192.168.0.1 upwards.

In this network is also a Netgear wireless router connected to the switch.
it also gets a ip adress from the hog to the WAN port.

now i tryed to connect via notebook (wireless) to the netgear router's LAN port. The router is also DHCP on LAN side and gives the range from 192.168.100.1 upwards

the subnetmask is 255.255.255.0 on both networks.

i am able to send a ping from the notebook to the wholehog 3 but i cant find the showserver with hog pc.

does the wholehog network system working with hosts and dns???? because it doesnt work. i think the router isn't able to resolve dns adresses

has anyone an idea??

best regards
alex
  • Looks like your on the right path you just have to make a minor adjustment. Try this technique, it worked for me this past weekend.

First you'll need to turn on DHCP on the router and give it a name so you can easily find it when several wireless networks are in the area. Next, on your Hog III console, in the network window, activate the button labeled "Obtain an address using DHCP". Once you press "OK" the console is going to restart, so make sure the router and the console are connected to the switch. After the console restarts, it will be assigned an IP addres and you should be off to the races. Hope this helps.
  • Oh one more thing, connect all of your DP 2000s and the HOG III to the LAN ports of your router if you have enough openings to do so, by passing the switch. If not, send one ethernet cable from a LAN port (not the WAN) to the switch and connect the rest of your devices to the switch.
  • [quote=Innovative Illuminations]Oh one more thing, connect all of your DP 2000s and the HOG III to the LAN ports of your router if you have enough openings to do so, by passing the switch. If not, send one ethernet cable from a LAN port (not the WAN) to the switch and connect the rest of your devices to the switch.
    normally i also use this configuration.
    but i need a solution for my configuration.
    because the HOGIII is in the control room, the 2 DP 2000 are in the server room and the Wireless LAN Router with the notebook is in the different TV studios. I want a running system with or without Router, without reconfiguring the HOG III and if the customer makes the position setup and the intensy setup, he can work alone, plugs the wlan router in the studio and can work wireless on the stage. all without reconfiguring or setting up the basic network ;) :hogsign:
  • Well, I had a great post typed in and it went poof. so here is the shorter version..
    It sounds like you just need a wireless access point, not actually any routing capabilities. to do this, leave DHCP on in the Hog, turn it off in the router and connect using only the LAN ports on the router.

Hope this helps.
Related