Multiple Goto?

stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
Is it possible to use Goto to launch several "go's" at once ... say I have list 1 that has an intensity stack, and list 2, that has a color stack.

I want to do something like:

goto list 1 cue 2 list 2, cue 4 enter

obviously that doesn't work but I was hoping something like that would. Any ideas without use of a preprogrammed macro -- i'm thinking on the fly.

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Hey Stephen,

There is no sytax that would allow you to do this directly from the comand line.

Personally I'd start making use of Virtual Lists and Scenes here.

Build a bunch of different Scenes with your color cues each being one. Turn off GUARD in the Scene directory and you can now pick your color by touching the screen.

The for your intensity cues, build either "blank" Scenes or Lists and put GOTO comment macros in them. Then trigger them in the same fashion from the screen, while keeping the actual intensity cuelist on a fader to maintain manual control as well.

Hope this helps.:)
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited November 2007
    I figured as much. I can say however, I'm making much more use of the VM cuelists now that i have two external touches! Thanks for the advise!
  • deegsterdeegster Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Marty, can you explain the purpose of using a Scene to change color, instead of a color palette?
    edited November 2007
    deegster wrote:
    Marty, can you explain the purpose of using a Scene to change color, instead of a color palette?

Sure thing:)

By using Virtual Scenes and Cuelists triggered off the touchscreens, you are able to make quick changes on-the-fly, but without tying up the programmer.

So just as a simple example, you could be changing colors, positions, FX-base points, etc, etc... off Virtual Scenes and Cuelists...and at the same time be writing an entirely new look in the Programmer with Blind enabled. Then simply hit Blind and your whole new look comes up in your default times.

Make sense?:hogsign:
    edited November 2007
    Yea that actually makes great sense. I work at a music venue and do shows on a weekly basis, so on the fly programming is very important to me. This sounds like a great way to change colors and positions, but still use the effects engine to get the rate and all right.

I have been using virtual cuelists to do gobo effects, prisms, strobes, etc, but haven't used scenes that much yet.
    edited November 2007
    What examples would you use Scenes over Cuelists, or vice versa?
    edited November 2007
    I tend to use Scenes for anything I don't need to turn "Off" and only change. Like colours, positions, MSpeed times, etc.

For Lists, I generally set "Add Release End Cue" under Options in order to essentially be able to turn whatever it is "On" or "Off". Like gobos, movement FX, foggers & hazers, etc.