Update

So I thought I would update you all on my problems that you helped out with! First off all my X-spot problems were fuses and stepper motors... So I bypassed the fuses, replaced some old ones and then cannibalized one fixture (which now has 3 bad motors) to fix my other three... I still have one that makes a wrrrrrrring noise when it moves quickly, but it still hits its mark every time, so no big deal...

The MAC I had the prism problem with was a stepper motor, but man I hate Martin, that motor is the hardest one I have ever had to replace... In fact it ended up being easier to take the motor apart and move the internal components from one motor case to the other instead of pulling the whole motor... How dumb is that?

All my LPS and MPS issues on my Studio Commands were fuses, so when I took the LPS apart, all I had to do was replace the fuses... I had an MPS fail and it was just a fuse also... So I have been lucky in that regard...

My Studio Color issues were just lamps and one fuse... So no biggie there...

I got the personalities fixed on my Color 250's!!!

All I have now is a MAC 300 that is REALLY messed up, an X-Spot that needs 3 stepper motors, and a Studio Spot 250 that I have to home every time I start up the console for its color wheel to find home (Maybe just dusty inside?)...

The MA is okay... But I miss my Hog...

In other news, the church has decided in its infinate wisdom, to hire the son of the membership pastor (fresh off a cruise ship and 6 months out of school, with zero live programming experience and unable to repair conventional or moving lights) to replace me... But oh well... So goes life in the church sector!

Thanks guys for all your help!

Mike

PS I HATE Backpack dimmers!!!!!
Related