Problem with merge

jd2180jd2180 Registered User
I can't seem to get two shows of mine to merge under the merge function. I run the wizard and select all the options to fully merge two shows. The wizard runs and then at the end tells me it has lost the server or something and then doesn't merge the shows.

I have two different shows and the artist is going to add some songs from the old show to our current show. Also myself and my LD are hoping to do some pre programming during a break coming up (in different cities) and want to be able to take the new stuff and add it into the show on the console. Is there something we need to do to make the merge work? Some sort of programming clean up? or renumbering of cues and lists?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2007
    Something is definitely failing in the merge. Have you tried doing this merge on Hog3PC on a regular computer? If you continue to have trouble then you can send us your show files using the ftp upload site and we can take a look and try to get these shows merged.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Are you possibly trying to merge two shows with different library versions? It is the first number you want to worry about.

ie - if you have a show with library v 3.x.x you cannot merge the fixture library with v 4.x.x

You can view the library version number in parenthesis next to the show description.

Hope this helps:)
  • deegsterdeegster Registered User
    edited November 2007
    When merging shows, I personally prefer renumbering any cuelists/pages/scenes/etc that might conflict with one another