(1809) Bug Report: Internal Time Code Widget Reliability

z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
Name: Phil Gilbert
Date: 11/20/2007
System: iPC
Software Version and build number: v2.2.2 (1809)
Number of displays: 3
Connected USB Devices: Touch Screens
Networked Devices: None
Detailed description of the problem including instructions to reproduce (if possible) and exact syntax used:

On some startups of the console, I am not able to receive SMPTE time code from the internal widget. I have had 100% success enabling it by disconnecting and re-connecting the internal USB connection (to the widget) while powered up.

Have you guys seen anything like this in the lab?

PG

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2007
    Never seen anything like this? When this stops working are you able to get timecode into the desk using the diagnostics application?
  • JimOhrbergJimOhrberg Registered User
    edited November 2007
    OK - I'm technically not in the right forum, but maybe the problem I discovered tonight is related to Phil's problem. I searched around and did not find anyone else reporting this issue that I am about to describe.

Name: Jim Ohrberg
    Date: 11/24/2007
    System: iPC
    Software Version and build number: v2.2.1 (1775)
    Number of displays: 2
    Connected USB Devices: Touch Screens and Keyboard
    Networked Devices: None

My team has discovered that if you swap touch screens while in the show (not exiting back out of Hog 3 to the control panel), External LTC SMPTE will no longer function. Exiting from the show and restarting Hog 3 allows the SMPTE to function again.

So Phil, have you done any touch screen swapping prior to using SMPTE?

- Jim
  • z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Actually, yes.

Very interesting.

PG
    edited November 2007
    Very interesting indeed. I'll get a bug logged for this and post back details.
    edited November 2007
    This seems to break any time the user makes changes to settings in the control panel while in a show. As posted before, logging off and back on will remedy the situation. I have logged bug #11291 for this problem. This seems to have started with the 2.1.0 release.
  • z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited November 2007
    I appreciate the update Chris.

PG