Transirtions with new LED units

W8TAHW8TAH Registered User
Hi Folks:

I just got in my Elation Octopod80 unit yesterday, and im sitting here programming tomorrows service. I put the unit in 3 channel mode (which allows 3 chans (Red, Green, Blue) for each of the 8 heads) i patched them to the board as generic RGB LEDs. Everything works great, except when i run a fade (like between cues). The units come up full white (all LEDs on full) and then the colors fade in. If i do stuff in the programmer, i can go direct to a color with no white fade but i just dont know how to make it happen right

Thanks

TIM

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    What color model are you using to program your cues?

There are 3 for RGB LEDS: RGB, CMY, and HSI...make sure to never mix them, use only one when programming.
  • W8TAHW8TAH Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Marty:

ahhh - that could be a problem --

is there a way i can lock it down so i only use one?

TIM
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Sort of....just make sure you program all your cues using for example CMY, and don't program any cues using RGB, or HSI values.

You also probably need to "Mark" your color values and then fade the intensity in a separate cue. Just as you would with a moving light cue. Otherwise you will see the colors fade in at the same time the intensity fades in (just like you programmed it to....imagine that;) )

Hope this helps:)