Roadhog Crashing

comet...comet... Registered User
my Roadhog keeps crashing. I do pig+open+bs and it says desktop running but i can only access the movers via pallettes. faders don't work but conventionals work w/ the bump buttons only. It happens at different times but almost once a night. I'm running 2.2.1. Would going to 2.2.2 help at all ? any other ideas ?

Thanks, C

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    I would try doing a full restore on the console first, b/c you also should upgrade the XPe to 8.0.5 in addition to the H3PC 2.2.2 upgrade.

Go here for the software (you will need to enter the console serial number to get it):

http://www.flyingpig.com/phpscripts/roadhog/recovery.php

Also read this on using a Bootable USB Flash Drive:

http://www.flyingpig.com/support/BootableUSBFlashDrive.pdf

Hope this helps:)
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2007
    2.2.2 definitely resolves some problems with generic crashers on the Road Hog and is a good upgrade for the problems you are experiencing. Marty's suggestion to upgrade the XPE is also a good idea. I should clarify the latest Road Hog XPE is Release 1.0.8 and is available for download on the Flying Pig website. It also contains the 2.2.2 b1809 software on it.
    edited November 2007
    DOH!!:footinmouth: :dunce:

Chris is absolutely correct on the XPe version.

8.0.5 is for the iPC. 1.0.8 is for the Road-Hog.

Looks like I kicked the numbers around! (insert "morning-lack-of-caffine-dyslexia" smilie here:rolleyes: )
  • comet...comet... Registered User
    edited November 2007
    cool, so if i load in the Xpe 1.0.8, that will also load 2.2.2 ? also will this wipe out any show info ?
    edited November 2007
    Yes and yes.

I this case the XPe will upgrade to the most current version of H3PC.

Doing a full restore re-images the console's hard-drive, so yes you will lose all files after doing this.
  • comet...comet... Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Can i save the old show to USB and then re-load the pallettes and cues back into the console ?
    edited November 2007
    yes of course. Just make sure you backup to a different USB than the one you are going to make bootable.;) :hogsign:
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Yes you can save the show to USB and then reload it after the full restore is complete. Do this for all shows you would like to save.