big delay on flash

MarcoMarco Registered User
1809 iPC

hi,

there is a big delay on the master flash.

regards marco

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2007
    Is this an all the time thing or just sometime? How many fixtures are in the show? Are you flashing on the graphic front panel or on a min-wing?
  • MarcoMarco Registered User
    edited November 2007
    I think it´s alwas. The problem I have in every show. In my last show I have only 12 movinglights and 1 mediaserver on the desk. No wing.
    It´s maybe 50 ms delay. Also at fast effects the rate is not constant.

best Regards
    Marco

p.s. please loock at the file in the thread "groupmaster´s"
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2007
    This is getting looked at in the test lab.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Marco,

By chance do you have the effects engine window open (even if buried) when this slowdown occurs?
    edited November 2007
    Brad,

no, nothing open. Just the palletes and maybe a cuelist.

Marco
    edited November 2007
    Marco,

How did you arrive at the 50ms calculation? Was this with your eye and the rig? How was the data distributed? Are you able to see this directly with a DMX tester?

thanks,
    edited November 2007
    Brad,

yes... with my eye. I said "MAYBE 50ms" But you can see it clear at stage and also in the outputwindow. I can not flash stricktly at a point. I have no DMX tester.
    It´s not only in one show, it´s always.

Marco
    edited November 2007
    Marco,

The reason I ask about a DMX tester or other equipment in the line is because we have many very picky LDs that are using flash keys all the time with the desk and they are very happy with the response. This is why I am curious how you are seeing a delay. Can you please send us your show file and also a detailed description of how your data is distributed to your fixtures?

thanks,
  • edited November 2007
    By master flash, do you mean the Grand Master flash button?

Does your delay only happen on the Grand Master, or do you also see it on the individual fader flashes?
    edited November 2007
    Eric,
    I mean the individual fader flashes.

Brad,
    my experience is that deskchannels flash´s at the point with no delay.
    all multiple channel fixtures flash´s with delay.
    I try it last week again on a touring show. I have some movinglights, a mediaserver and some led fixtures in there. the flash for the mediaserver and the led fixtures have a visible bad delay.
    then I try it on the weekend on a other show, where i have to flash some deskchannels. for this are no delay.
    the problem exist also on softwareversions until 2.2.2. and not only on special show´s.

marco
    edited November 2007
    Thanks Marco,

Again I am curious about your DMX distribution between the console and the devices....

thanks,