CMA File Overwrite

tedcooktedcook Registered User
edited April 2008 in DL.3/DL.2
If I upload a file to my DL.2's using the CMA and the file name already exists in the folder I'm uploading to, it asks if I want to "overwite duplicate file?" I click "yes", but it does not overwite the file. The old file is still there and the new file is not. Even if I delete the old file and then upload the new file, the old file is still there. The only way to get the new file on is to change it's name before uploading it.

This clearly isn't how "overwrite duplicate file?" should work. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix. Thanks.

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    what version CMA/DL.2 software are you running?
  • tedcooktedcook Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Version 1.3.3.1309
  • schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Ted,

Are you using the PC CMA, or the Mac CMA?

Let me know which one and I'll take a look at the issue here in the office.

Thanks,
    edited November 2007
    PC CMA
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    I am not seeing this issue, but I am currentlly using my AXON here at home.

Are you using a switch or crossover cable directly?

Is the connection speed Gigabit (1000 mbps) or Fast (100 mbps)?

I tried both a switch and direct x-over, but speeds were always Gigabit.
    edited November 2007
    I'm using a 100mbps ethernet network. Thanks for your efforts.

Just to clarify, when I say "the old file is still there" I mean that the thumbnail view in the cma doesn't change to the new image and, of course, that the old image is still projected.
  • joe_hallerjoe_haller Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2007
    Ted,

Try to delete the user content from the DL2 menu. Look for the display to read something to the effect of Cannot delete file is locked. If this is the case the file you are trying to delete is corrupt and is more or less being quarentined.

To delete this file set the DMX value of the file to zero in CMA, then reboot the server. Once the DL2 server is rebooted you should be able to delete the file.

Let us know if this helps,
    Joe
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited April 2008
    I ran into a problem along the same lines as this on a DL3 today. I overwrote a file using the CMA then when completed, played back the file in a collaged mode, the DL3 played back the old version of the file. If I wasn't in collaged mode it played back the new version of the file. Rebooting the DL3 made it use the new version when in collaged mode.