Cyberlight Baffle

Hey all. I just purchased a used Cyberlight Turbo for a musical. Going into it we knew that it would be a moderately noisy unit, but the director is concerned that it is just a bit too loud. Does anyone have a line on who has the baffle units for the Cybers? City theatrical used to, but I don't see a reference on their website for them anymore. Also, does anyone have any practical knowledge on whether the baffles are worthwhile or not? Are there any other options out there for minimizing their fan noise? Many thanks.
  • We just opened a show where I have two Cyberlights hung horizontally in the ceiling of the house. They are literally about ten feet from the audience so noise was a big issue for our show as well.
    I found that placing a piece of sound insulation foam used in studios about 4 inches from the housing dampened the level of the noise. To help some more we tied flame retardant fabric from one side of handles and swung under to the other sides handles to make like a swing. Majority of the sound was blocked or had two directions to go.
    Just remember to give enough airflow(no less than 4 inches) for those fans to be effective.
Related