TalkBack

Couple years ago, when Hog 3 was released,... I saw a DEMO of some Talkback funcionalities,... like the console reads the EPROM number or so, and then fron that you can address the fixtures from your patch, without climbing anywhere. And some other things like fixture infos etc...

That was a development was get forgot ? Not implemented, but is some part will be ? With the ACN becaming a reality ( ETC is already using it), will be ?

So is any real and short time functions will be on the system soon ?

Also like evrebody is asking for, a ArtNet output is also on the plans ?

Regards

Gian
  • Gian,

We actually showed this on Wholehog 2 many years ago. Talkbalk is on our list for the future as is implementing RDM and ACN.

As for Art-Net we will have capabilites early next year. This is currently in development and looking very good.
  • I am a little curious about Art-Net, will it be implemented thru the local network card (lets say Hog PC network card) or will need a special hardware like a widget? It is realy nice to hear that Hog will do Art-Net, I use it a lot with my media server software. If I can help with testing and or development please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,
  • Actually, i am very curious about the Talkback function that Gian mention...

Brad, if you can tell me more about this function i'll be glad, i think this function will fly the WholeHog to a whole new level of console and especially for the WholeHog III concept thet say "The Console Actually Speak with The Fixtures".

Any timeline for thet function?? any details? i will be very happy to hear more about this function.

Release this fonction on the next version and i belive HES will sale something like 5 WholeHog III any weekend.

Amir
  • Juan,

I can not be more specific about the Art-Net at this time, but more will be clear soon! :)

Amir,

The Talkback function was really cool and allowed DMX addressing remotely from the console as well as other information to be sent from the fixture to the console. Most of what was created has now been folded into RDM (Remote Device Management) as the HES talkback was developed in large part by Scott Blair and he has helped to create the new industry standard of RDM. You can learn more at: www.esta.org/tsp/news/newsdetails.php?newsID=199

As for a timeline to implement RDM into the Wholehog software, I do not have any specifics right now, but we all do agree that it is a cool feature that we would like to add.
Related