i loose my user fixtures in new shows

GDiluminacionGDiluminacion Registered User
we have some LED par cans chinesse brand in our country and the library doesn´t have these fixtures loaded in.
so, i went to "built fixtures" and edit it from and existing fixture (the american dj LED par can) and works OK.
but when i load a new show the fixture is gone and i have to do all the process again
my question is... how do i keep any new fixture i create on the user fixtures option of the pacht menu? so if i made any new fixture, it apeear on any new show its loaded on the board.

thank a lot

Comments

• jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited October 2007
    You need to merge those fixtures from one show to the other. See a few posts down http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=4608.

Also I'd recommend making a request to the boys to make an official profile for you in Library Requests.
  • GDiluminacionGDiluminacion Registered User
    edited May 2008
    thanks jess

i,ve find out this is the only way to have my created fixtures in future shows... Boring!
    i already told the guys in HS about this fixtures and they have created the personality... but is kind of wrong and i have to edit it again
    the personality in in "custon - par LED spd 015"

there are to much parameters on the file and i have to edit all chanels to use this propertly.
    when i´m in front of my board i´ll copy the correct parameters to put those in this forum, cause this chinesse guys are, i believe, all over latin america by now. the brand is NIGHTSUN
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Gianfranco,

Please email us the details of what is wrong in the library and we will be happy to make the corrections.

thanks,
    edited May 2008
    OK

today i have a show and i´ll check all the wrong and rigth parameters and e-mail to you guys...
    the brand name of this is NIGHTSUN.
    they also have some LED tube, (kind of VERSA TUBE, but no video. only RGB lighting) they use 5 chanels. i´ll find out the manual and will scan it to send you so you can try to build the personalityc for this as well.

my best regards from lima, peru and thank you for the atention
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Gianfranco,

To make things easier until we get these fixtures added to the Wholehog fixture library, you could create a new show, create or merge the fixtures you need, create any generic palettes that you use in all of your shows, then back up this show file. You can then load this backup as your starting show whenever you go out to program a new show so that you don't have to merge your custom fixtures and create your basic palettes every time.

I hope this helps.
    edited May 2008
    thank you Tom

this is exactly what i´ve being doing since we got those fixtures.

the library named PAR LED SPD 015 lacted in the custom file Has to many parameters
    i´ve found that this luminaries work ok whit this

1 intensity only
    2 strobe only
    3 red - as intensity
    cyan
    4 green - as intensity
    magenta
    5 blue - as intensity
    yellow

than you guys again and i´ll be troubeling you again when i get stuck in any feature whit the hog
  • SteveSteve Registered User, HES Staff
    edited May 2008
    Hi Gianfranco,

Apologies for the delay as I've only just seen this thread.

Please find attached a revised library for the Par LED SPD-015 fixture. This revision has been written to the details you have supplied above. I have assumed that the Intensity channel is 0-255 = Intensity 0-100% and that the Strobe channel is 0-255 = Strobe Slow-Fast.

Please let me know if this is not correct, or you have any troubles using this revised library.

Thanks,

Steve