help with WSYWYG

GDiluminacionGDiluminacion Registered User
edited September 2008 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
when we get our brand new WHOLE HOG 3 i´ve found the WYSYWYG software inside the case. i have installed this in to my lap top.
some dongle device came along whit the CD and i understand that this is what i need to make the program run... but some thing promp on my screen saying " dongle console version only" =( ... and i realy don´t know what to do... i´ve been reading the user guide but there is, or i can´t find any clue about it...
i have learn kind of easy how to use the WYSYWYG on others people´s PCs and it will be very usefully if some body can, please, help me to start our own software and beguing to work on virtual stage.

thank you in advance and my best regard from lima, peru... :)

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited October 2007
    The version of Wysiwyg is Console Edition ONLY. I believe it is a 512 (single universe) channel maximum. The "warning" you receive is just that...a warning. The software should perform as normal except with the 512 limitation.

From the Cast Website:
    WYSIWYG Perform: Console Edition

This special package is available to users purchasing a specific console or families of consoles. Take advantage of this version of WYSIWYG Perform and start designing and pre-cuing your shows easily and quickly. WYSIWYG Perform - Console Edition includes most of the functionality of WYSIWYG Perform with certain restrictions such as printing and exporting.

Purchase a compatible console and receive this software today!

Note: WYSIWYG CE is not eligible for Memberships or product upgrades; instead, you may only use the WYSIWYG Release that is available on the day when you first insert your dongle. To upgrade to a new Release of WYSIWYG, or to be eligible for Memberships, you must first upgrade to WYSIWYG Perform Unlimited. WYSIWYG Perform - Console Edition is only available directly from a participating console manufacturer. An upgrade from Console Edition to WYSIWYG Perform Unlimited is available.

If you want more information on WYSIWYG, check out their website at www.cast-soft.com. Also check out the FPS site at http://www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/archive/wyg/VisualizerConnectivity.shtml for information on setting up the Hog3 with Wysiwyg.
  • mjmaltbiemjmaltbie Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Console Edition will only run if it sees the Hog 3. A way around it is to run Hog 3pc on the same computer as WYSIWYG.

Hope this helps.

Mychal John
    :hogsign:
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited November 2007
    I tried using hog3pc on the same pc and it won't connect for me; but the console / DP does.l
  • djnik26djnik26 Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Hi,

So I work at a college with a permanent Hog3 installation. We currently have the console and 1 DP2000. The school also has WYSIWYG Education Edition installed on multiple computers with the dongle connected over the network. My question is: what hardware do I need to connect the console to the computer with WYSIWYG on it? I was thinking I could use a router with the internet connection from the school's network connected to the WAN port and then connect the DP, console, and computer with WYSIWYG on it to the switch ports of the router. I'm not so concerned about connecting everything to the school's network right now as I am just getting the console, DP, and PC all on the same network. Will just a regular 10/100 ethernet switch do the job? I do have a decent background in computers and networking...this is just the first time I've had to apply it to my Hog 3 experience :147:

Thanks!
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited September 2008
    djnik26 wrote:
    I'm not so concerned about connecting everything to the school's network right now as I am just getting the console, DP, and PC all on the same network. Will just a regular 10/100 ethernet switch do the job?

Yes that will work just fine. Plug the console, DP ,and PC all into the same switch using regular non-crossed/straight cables....do not use any of the ports on the switch labeled "link" if there are any.

Hope this helps:)
    edited September 2008
    Thanks!
    edited September 2008
    So my Wholehog DP window just hangs on "Loading Show Data..." after it finds the console and then eventually I get an application error and WYSIWYG quits on me. Any idea on what might be going on here?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Make sure you have any Firewalls and/or Internet Security programs disabled.

I als find I get the best results by launching the show on the console, then booting up the PC and after the IP is assigned, then lauch WYG and open the WYG file.

Hope this helps:)