updating cue bother

Hiya all hog freaks ! I'm discovering this nice roadhog desk "on tour " in france , seems reliable , it's been 4 weeks , everything is fine except for a couple if things that seem a bit odd to me ! First : when opening a cue in the editor using " cue-1-open " standard syntaxe , change a " view , groups , color , beam , position" window in de view toolbar without having touched a parameter in the editor , this automatically knocks my cue into the "programmer " without beeing able to "update it " / wich one might say is logical ! seeing the window priority ! only way round this is to : 1 / touch the parameter wheels ,

2 / be in the right window ( beam , position or color or effects), but this means anticipating the manouver boring and not very fluid and then every time time you touch a "palette" - DISCARD CHANGES -box appears so you have to close it before continuing your modifications in the cue
Anyway when you press " Update " there's a box that offer's you all these options you've been through , I mean : Update - cue 1 or color palette n°- beam palette n° etc etc

Or 3 / have the cue onstage and update it straight from the " programmer " after modifications are made pressing the "update " key

N°3 is the easiest at the moment

I thought this might change in ver / 2.2.2 But no

I don't know if I've really been clear about all this

Oh and there's a N° 2 question actually /

I've programmed this show Using MAC700 spot and wash fixtures as a base I ran the auto palettes menu all ok ! seeing this is variable size venues tour , I use the " change fixture " feature basicly everyday , it works a treat except for the beam palettes ! the new fixtures ( even if they have the same functions )do not recognise any gobo or iris or prism or focus palette made previously !

I've tried the " global - per type - per fixture thing " but does not seem to change much , so after having redone all the positions , I have to redo all the beams too !

it juste takes too much time ,
hope my explanations are clear enough !
So if any of you guy's out there got hints I'd be glad to have them

See ya soon
  • Hey Pierre,

Thanks for the compliments on the Roadhog. We think it's a great desk too. Now onto your report:

First : You said that when opening a cue in an editor and then changing to a recorded view in the view toolbar that parameters from the cue come into the programmer without even touching those parameters and at this point it is not possible to "update" the cue.

Let me see if I can clarify: The programmer and the cue editor are two seperate editors that can be viewed at the same time, but only one can be active. The [edit] button which is located at the top right of each of these windows will determine which one is active and being edited. Now, it is easy to be fooled by this because fixture selections are shown in both windows, but only the active editor will take the edits.

And now onto using change fixture type in the patch: The reason your gobo palettes are being messed each time up is because the gobo slot names on the new fixture do not match the old fixture. We only retain info for matching slot names from one fixture to the next. The same is true for position values. If the new fixture is not able to pan/tilt to the range of the previous fixture then it will simply go as far as it can and cut the rest off. In addition I should mention that if a palette is per fixture or per type(not global) then when you change a fixture type in the patch the new fixtures will not be included in the palette.

I hope this helps.
Related