Widget Version

I recently purchased a used widget, and one of my local vendors said that it may have to be upgraded. The widget physically has the Hog3 logo on the case, but he said that didn't matter. Is there any way to tell if a widget is Hog 3 vs. Hog2? Also, I don't have access to Hog3PC; I'm running Hog 2 on MS Vista....

Thanks,
Dan
  • Hog 3 widgets have a silver oval around the xlr connector. You can also download Hog 3 and connect the widget. After ceating a new show you can press setup then control panel. Click on widgets then click on the dropdown arrow next to dmx 1. If the widget # appears in red you will need to upgrade it to hog3.
  • Your vendor is correct. All widgets were originally shipped sporting the HogIII logo but widgets that have been upgraded should have been fitted with a new end cap on the dmx output side that has a grey oval around the dmx connector. Its possible to upgrade the widget without fitting it with this new hardware so the best way to tell if your widget is Hog3 enabled is to connect it to Hog3PC and see if the widget shows up in the widgets tab of the control panel in red. If it does then the widget still needs to be upgraded. If it shows up in black then you are good to go.
Related