Updating Fixture Libraries

Just doing some reprogramming on our showroom demo file and I have a couple of questions.

1. The file was created when Hog PC was launched last year and we have just been adding to it. However, now there are several fixtures that we now have in-stock that are not in the library file that was used to create this show. Is there anyway to update the library files within a show? If not, how would you recommend getting our current programming for existing fixtures into a new show file.

2. Is there some sort of description list or guide to the fixture profiles to tell users what the differences are between multiple profiles for fixtures. For example, I need to add a Pixellin 1044 and there are two profiles, but I have no idea what the difference between the two is or how it matches up with the different DMX control modes designed from the fixture manufacturer. Catalyst Version 4 is another one that is confusing, but there are many others. Any guide or descriptions availible for the different fixture profiles?

Thanks so much for your help.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.
Related