Technobeam LCD Controller and Trackspots

muvmentmuvment Registered User
edited November 2007 in HES Automated Lighting
Is it possible to control trackspots with a technobeam controller?

If not, then I was going to run my touring show with a tehcnobeam controller, intellabeam controller (for the trackspots) and a dataflash controller for the AF1000s. Is there any way to connect these boards, or do I have to run 3 universes and run three times the cabling?

Comments

• PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited October 2007
    They have this new thing... Its called DMX...:p
    Try it!
    Unless you like being tied to 2-3 controllers and doing 3X the work.:no:
    There are a lot of simple controllers out there the function well and are easy to use. O and yes! 1 cable! Those old controllers are sooo 1992.:D
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited November 2007
    omg that is bring back such bad memories- my first club was an intellebeam lcd, 2x cyber lcd, 2x techno lcd, studio color lcd, emulator lcd, af1000 mini, plus a mlc128, pulsar touch, lightronic 16way dimmer board ... trying to black all that stuff out when the music dropped out was insane!
  • futuregfutureg Registered User
    edited November 2007
    I used to use these controllers a lot and used analoge switching through a lighting console coupled with audio control. Although it may be longwinded on the programming front, I.e. make scene then copy and past to next mem and change, copy past etc etc you will get looks that, if coupled with audio, have a completely different feel to tadays "hit and miss" easy to compile stack synth creations. one tip would be to make your positions exagerated. That way the audio clip will have a natural in sync smooth flow that is difficult to achieve with "Modern Technology" Audio dimmer control is beautiful if subtlety is your goal.
    P.S I dont think there is any strobe control to touch the dedicated 24 channel Af 1000 controller (depending on your chip ste)
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    futureg wrote:
    I used to use these controllers a lot and used analoge switching through a lighting console coupled with audio control. Although it may be longwinded on the programming front, I.e. make scene then copy and past to next mem and change, copy past etc etc you will get looks that, if coupled with audio, have a completely different feel to tadays "hit and miss" easy to compile stack synth creations. one tip would be to make your positions exagerated. That way the audio clip will have a natural in sync smooth flow that is difficult to achieve with "Modern Technology" Audio dimmer control is beautiful if subtlety is your goal.
    P.S I dont think there is any strobe control to touch the dedicated 24 channel Af 1000 controller (depending on your chip ste)

I understand what you are saying, because I did this for years. To get the same feel on a more modern console, just program chases and don't use on-board FX generators.
    edited November 2007
    I understand what you are saying, because I did this for years. To get the same feel on a more modern console, just program chases and don't use on-board FX generators.

LOL - I spent too many years stuck without them .. why on earth would I want to torture myself like that! :poke:
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Well for one, sometimes programming a chase is much faster. And also it is easier to go back and edit a chase as oppesed to a more complex layered FX engine cue.

Don't get me wrong, I use the FX engine all the time. Especially now that we've got more power via Repeats and Buddies. Yet still, on occasion you can't beat a well programmed chase to get the right "feeling".:hogsign:
    edited November 2007
    True true -- I tend to use them whem my mathmatical skills aren't quite working .. haha :684:
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited November 2007
    chris_litz wrote:
    Hey Stephen,

I tried it just to see what would happen and it will not work.

Duh...:dunce:
    Us old guys are laughing a good one..tongue3.gif