Adding a Fixture File/Profile

Alright, so I was able to borrow a few cheap scanners and use them in a concert recently. However when I sat down to do my patching I found that the lights I was borrowing did not have a fixture profile in the Hog 2PC fixture library.

So I read through the manual and tried to create the fixture profile and add it to the library. I created the fixtures information using Dan Hassenburg's software on the hog site. However when I tried adding it to the library it did not add the file.

So my question is does anyone out there know how to properly create and add a fixture file/profile in to the hog 2pc fixture library?
  • Thanks. I believe I looked at this before when I was attempting to figure this out. However I was also in the middle of production on a very limited time schedule. I take another look and see if I can't figure it out. Thanks.
  • Alright so I figured out how to create and add this fixture file. So I will explain it out a little differently to hopefully help some of you out.

First you will need to download a couple of different things. You will need to download Denis Hessberger's library generator software, and also need to make sure you have the LIBRARY folder in your Hog 2 or Flying Pig Systems folder in the program files section of your hard drive. You can download the library generator at this link in the utilities section at the bottom:

www.flyingpig.com/support/hog2/downloads/

Then you will need to look at a manual of your fixture and figure out what kind of range your fixture uses, what parameters it has, and what order the parameters are in. Then use this software and fill in the information as needed. Note: if this software does not have the manufacturer or product ID leave them blank and the software will fill it in with a preset. Once you have done this copy your script.

Next find the _lib.lib file (be sure it is not the _lib.ROM file) in your LIBRARY folder in the Flying pig systems folder in the program files section of your hard drive. Once you have found this then open it with wordpad or some text editor and delete whats on the script and copy your script from the library generator in to the document and save it as _lib01.lib. Then delete the _lib.lib file and rename your _lib01.lib file to _lib.lib.

Now start your hog2pc program and when you go to add fixtures in the patch window then your fixture should be in the library. If you did not have the manufacturer information then your fixture will show up at the bottom under a User Manu (Number) and the fixture should be there. Also, read the pdf above for some more information.
Related