More Cue List Options

robbjibsonrobbjibson Registered User
Something that occured to me recently:
Wouldn't it be rad to have all playback options assignable to every button on a playback? (and a few new playback options)

Example:

The Play button could be a "Solo" (Go on press, release on off + swops that kills all other non 0 intensities.

The Halt button could be a Flash (add) (go on press, release on off)

The Flash Button could be a go, with no intensity.
Basically I run my shows with a main Cuestack, and hits and chases on others. Adding this functionality would give us more options for playback. Currently, if I want to have a "swop" I hae to record the cue with all fixtures I want to go out at 0.
Also would make setting up the desk for "avo specific" people and desk channels a bit easier. I can't tell you how many times I've had to hear an futile argument about an Avo product being better because of this.

Thoughts?

Robb

Comments

• comet...comet... Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Excellent suggetions my good citizen. Having add AND swop available does open things up a bit. I await the upgrade !
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited October 2007
    robbjibson wrote:
    Currently, if I want to have a "swop" I hae to record the cue with all fixtures I want to go out at 0.

Have you tried setting your Flash key option to "Solo"......same thing as SWOP.:hogsign:
  • robbjibsonrobbjibson Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Marty,
    I have indeed tried this, though not as of late.
    When I had tried it before, there was at times a noticable lag in the execution of it, and recording with the values at 0% seems to have better timing. Of course the "SWOP" function is only one of the things that I am looking to have added, and the ability to have that "SOLO" functionality added to any of the play back buttons, along with other functions.
    Just trying to make it more flexible!
    Cheers!
    Robb
    edited October 2007
    robbjibson wrote:
    When I had tried it before, there was at times a noticable lag in the execution of it, and recording with the values at 0% seems to have better timing.

What type of system were you running? H3PC? iPC? Full console? I've run mostly full console, and I've never seen any real lag using SOLO on the Flash key.
  • sulkkissulkkis Registered User
    edited November 2007
    Some options I would like to have:

FLASH to function only as GO, in that case the intensity to follow allways the level of the fader.

There should be also an easy way to CHOOSE a virtual master and when the virtual master is chose it should be possible to playback it from the main controls.

Sulkkis
    edited November 2007
    "There should be also an easy way to CHOOSE a virtual master and when the virtual master is chose it should be possible to playback it from the main controls."

I have a trick that I use here.
    I add a playback bar above the main playback bar/main faders on the left touch screen. Then I can put lists there and choose them by tapping it.
    The main playback controls do work for any chosen list, alas you can't choose a List in the List Directory.
    Okay I see what you are saying now.
    I do like your suggestion to make the flash button a "go" that leaves intensity alone. Just a simple go button.
    I say allow us to map any function to any button.
    I've often wondered if it would be cool to have some function for double tapping the choose button (other than opening the list window) such as release or assert. Having to choose the list then get over to the main controls sometimes is tough in a live situation.
    I often set the halt as release when it would be rad to still have halt...
    Just thoughts...
    Coming from the Virtuoso world I do quite a bit of console automation from Cuelist macros. Such as the self releasing cue 2 and so on...

Free advice is worth what you pay for it...
    edited November 2007
    JS & Robb,

You actually CAN have the flash act as GO only.

Under Options set your flash to +GO and then set your Flash Intensity to be 0% instead of 100% (It is the cell immediately to the left of the +GO option).

Robb, this will also work for the +RELEASE option if you want to set the flash key to release without triggering intensity.

Hope this helps:)
    edited November 2007
    Marty.
    Good to know my friend, good to know.
    I'd like to hear if you think my other suggestions are worth while as well. If you think they would be useful in expanding the desks abilities. The assigning of the flash key is, after all, only one of the things I was originally posting about!
    Cheers!
    Robb
    edited November 2007
    Marty,

This way you can get the FLASH work as GO only, but the output is then limited to the flash percentage.

I want to have GO and FLASH, but the fader should limit the output. So if the fader is at 100%, output should be 100%, if the fader is at 50%, output 50% and so on.

Sulkkis
    edited November 2007
    sulkkis wrote:
    This way you can get the FLASH work as GO only, but the output is then limited to the flash percentage.

This is true.
    sulkkis wrote:
    I want to have GO and FLASH, but the fader should limit the output. So if the fader is at 100%, output should be 100%, if the fader is at 50%, output 50% and so on.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but if your fader is already at 50%...why don't you just hit the GO button on that master? What would be the advantage of a redundant GO option on the flash key?:dunno:
    edited November 2007
    Well, this is just a way of working as I prefer to run the shows by using FLASH button if possible because its below the fader and thus easier to use.

I prefer the comment made earlier that why not to give us an option to specify all buttons as we want:headbang: