(1809) Bug Report: Performance Issues / Programmer / Effects Engine

Name: Stephen
Date: 14-Oct-07
Software Version and build number: V2.2.2 Release (Build 1809)
Number of displays: 2 onboard
Connected USB Devices: 0 / 1 (mini-prog wing)
Networked Devices: DP 2000

Detailed description of the problem including instructions to reproduce (if possible) and exact syntax used: [Hog 3] I've had intermittent issues with having the effects windows maximized on my left screen (or any size for that matter) when running a live show, more or less using everything out of the programmer, no using stacks, cuelists, etc. I could hit something like Rainbow, and you will start to see the left screen redraw, sometimes taking 5 seconds or more. Once this starts to happen, the faders, and encoders start to lag as well.

I tried copying the show to my iPC as well, and though the issue is not nearly as bad, it still happens on the iPC as well. It seems to have been happening through all the versions up to now, that I've used regularly, including 2.2.2, 2.2.1, and 2.0.1.

The console went to a black screen after about 5 minutes of acting like this with just the X curser on the right screen, and stopped responding to touches, though the faders were intermittently working. (much like if I were in fixture editior)

I tried using a new show file, both with the new library, and my old show file from 2.2.1, and both seem to have the same issue.

Also, it seems that it was alot worse, when I had a massive amount of fixtures patched (though I was not even using them at the time) such as 8 pixelline 1044 (61 ch each).

In addition, if I connect my external 17" touch screens, and list some things on them, such as output (which i usually like of my left screen, split with my cuelist contents) and then put my cuelist directory on my right external screen along with 2 pallete views, with the effects window half size on the left screen, along with half listing the effect directory, then all my remaining 2 palettes split on my right internal screen the system is crazy slow, and sometimes takes 3-4 seconds just to click a virtual cuelist. This happens regardless of how many cues are running (or not). Same issue with using a single external screen on the iPC. No matter which configuration, if the effects engine screen is open, performance sucks, regardless of the status of its' usage.

I had two other people looking at this friday night with me, and neither one could figure out a link either, other than a "software issue".

If you want copies of the multiple show files I have been using, I'd be more than willing to provide them.

List any errors reported by the software:
Related