Temporarily Maximize & Front on Palette Button Hold

As an extension to the 'Front Window' option, I would like to see the following as setting...

When I press-and-hold the physical button for a palette window (IGBCPE), I would like to have the associated window front and maximize temporarily (for as long as I hold the button down).

Any thoughts?

Phil
  • Phil,

I do what you're asking, but without the holding of the button. I close all windows and then do the following:

Position open Full Screen - Record View 4
    Close all
    Color open Full Screen - Record View 5
    Close all
    Beam open Full Screen - Record View 6
    Close all

Then in the view menu, I make them all additive. My initial view is on #1. This way I can front any of the menues by "Open 4", "Open 5" or "Open 6" (shortcuts for the views) without ever having to look at the upper buttons. When I'm done with that window, I just "Open 1" to get back to my initial view. I also have an "ALL Close" on #7 since that is just below the backspace (Open 7 closes all windows).

I would be worried about holding down the buttons and getting stuck or something...just my paranoia.

Any other thoughts???

J
  • Jon,

I can completely see what you're saying, and your point of worry is absolutely dead on. In fact, that's one of the reason's I think this should be a selectable preference (and not a board default).

I currently set up my right screen with all of my palette windows full-screen and on top of each other. I bring the required window forward by tapping the related physical button. (Not necessarily a better way of doing things...just different. )

I guess my thinking is this...

It would be nice to set up my right screen with four palette windows arranged in a square and putting my most used palettes for each type in the first 18-24 palettes of each. Then, if I needed to quickly get to a less used palette that was buried farther down in a directory, I could simply hold down the appropriate key which, after a brief pause, would temporarily show that directory full-screen. I could then hit the palette I want and release the hard button, thus returning the directory window to its previous state.

I will add, however, that I don't know if this somehow screws with the syntax of the console.

PG
  • Definently should be an option, but sounds like a great idea. I could see using this when I am watching the physical master cuelist as I go through the song, but I might want to temporarily bring up a palette and change a color, without burying my cuelist palette (until of course after I let go).
Related