Console connecting problems since v2.2.2

Hi

I updated my iPC as well as my tablet PC with the v2.2.2. software.

Found out, that as soon as I connect the tablet PC (not running server, Console 2) to the iPC (runs the server, console 1), iPC gets veryvery slow.
When I'm checking the network window, the iPC console dissapears from IP adress and is not found anymore, when connecting. The tablet PC runs normal and acts like in normal speed when connected.

It happens the same when I'm doing vice versa (iPC: console 2, not running server; tablet PC: console 1, running server)

Connection: WLAN Linksys, WLAN router is dhcp server.

Did this connection very often before, without any problems...
  • This is strange that the problem would follow the desk and not follow the show server. The iPC is typically a little sluggish when running a show server because it has two OB processes running on it in addition to everything else. One thing to check would be to make sure the iPC and the tablet PC have unique IP addresses. How does the iPC perform by itself? Can you better explain the slowness? Openning windows? Recording cues? Making editor adjustments?
  • All the IP settings are in the same range. So this should be ok.

I tried now also the wired version, and put the crossed network cable directly to the tabled pc, but it didn't get better. So the WLAN router should be ok.

Before the problem occured I worked with XPe 7.6 and Hog3 v2.0.0 b1201, when I updated I put directly the XPe 8.0.5 Hog3 v2.2.2 b1809 from then on the problem started. So I put the old XPe 7.6 Hog3 v2.0.0 software again on the iPC to see what happens. But the problem was still there, so it is no v2.2.2 problem...
    Are there any possible network settings which can "steal" a device out of a network?

Actually just everything but the programmer gets delays to execute of 5s to over a minute. The programmer is still in normal speed when I'm typing on the numeric keys, but sometimes when I adjust wheels it stucks, espescially after pressing a Choose button...

After having to hardreset the console several times (Pig+Open+Backspace didn't work anymore) I had "fatal errors" appearing at the startup...
Related